Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

What's on your Thanksgiving menu?

12,083 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DiskoTroop
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Let me clarify then. In my experience, most people who prefer canned prefer it due to the consistency and texture, myself included. With very little work, you can serve a 'gelled style' homemade sauce that is vastly superior to Ocean Spray cans. I like to serve things that are homemade for special occasions and don't open cans or boxes for Thanksgiving. I didn't get where I am in life by settling for mediocrity. Sorry if that spills over into my cooking.

I got to where I'm at in life by letting stupid people do things just a little bit worse than my stupid things.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
jh0400
AG
Ag 11
AG
Steaks at my house for Thursday
Hwy30East
The wife and kids decided they wanted steak. So we've got some thick Ribeyes to cook.
aggiespartan
AG
I'm making an apple spice cake. That is the extent of my responsibilities.
Rattler12
Got a rum infused bread pudding with pecans in the oven and the rum sauce is on the stove
bularry
Wine.... and a lot of it

To honor our national holiday I'll stick to only domestic wines for Thursday and Friday.
Bocephus
AG
bularry said:

Wine.... and a lot of it

To honor our national holiday I'll stick to only domestic wines for Thursday and Friday.

Saturday is free reign!!
HtownAg92
AG
My old school pea salad went hard yesterday. Everyone saw it and said "OMG, is that pea salad? Hell yeah!"
StinkyPinky
AG
Rattler12 said:

Got a rum infused bread pudding with pecans in the oven and the rum sauce is on the stove
This inspired me to make a homemade bread pudding with hot butter rum sauce that was the star of the show. Thanks for the inspiration. Will be a holiday staple now moving forward.
Tailgate88
AG
HtownAg92 said:

My old school pea salad went hard yesterday. Everyone saw it and said "OMG, is that pea salad? Hell yeah!"
Well c'mon man, you can't throw that out there and not give us the recipe!
HtownAg92
AG
Tailgate88 said:

HtownAg92 said:

It was simple and very old school:

Crispy bacon, chopped up
Red Onion, diced
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into very small cubes
Frozen peas
Dressing -- Apple Cider Vinegar, sugar and Miracle Whip -- mix together until you get the tangy, sweet flavor you want

Stir all together, keep chilled. Pull out an hour or so before serving so that the peas thaw.
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks!
gif
Rattler12
HtownAg92 said:

Tailgate88 said:

HtownAg92 said:

It was simple and very old school:

Crispy bacon, chopped up
Red Onion, diced
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into very small cubes
Frozen peas
Dressing -- Apple Cider Vinegar, sugar and Miracle Whip -- mix together until you get the tangy, sweet flavor you want

Stir all together, keep chilled. Pull out an hour or so before serving so that the peas thaw.
English Peas?
FIDO*98*
AG
Do you think someone who eats Miracle Whip is concerned with the varietal of peas? I'm genuinely shocked that recipe calls for bacon and not bac-o-bits
BurnetAggie99
Miracle whip is better than Mayo. It actually has some zing and flavor. I'm a mustard guy but if there's no mustard and I'm forced to pick between the two then Miracle Whip over Mayo.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Mayo >>>>>>>>>> Miracle Whip
Rattler12
FIDO*98* said:

Do you think someone who eats Miracle Whip is concerned with the varietal of peas? I'm genuinely shocked that recipe calls for bacon and not bac-o-bits
Jeez dude....not every one on here is an egghead cook......lighten up and quit trying to embarrass posters who are not the cook you think you are..........varietal? Really?
HtownAg92
AG
I said it was old school, like what my poor country relatives used to make. So yes, Miracle Whip is in it instead of aioli, real bacon and frozen sweet peas that were probably not artisanal or sustainably grown.
Buzzy
HtownAg92 said:

I said it was old school, like what my poor country relatives used to make. So yes, Miracle Whip is in it instead of aioli, real bacon and frozen sweet peas that were probably not artisanal or sustainably grown.
Ignore him. You made a successful dish that was the hit of your holiday meal and someone asked for the recipe, he's jealous someone asked you for a recipe and not him.
Wild West Pimp Style
HtownAg92
AG
To be fair, the internet connection was spotty so I couldn't pull up Eric Ripert's recipe for salade con poi vert in time.

Should I really blow his gaskets and post my in-law's recipe for broccoli rice casserole? It involves the V word cheese (and it dominates).
Buzzy
HtownAg92 said:

To be fair, the internet connection was spotty so I couldn't pull up Eric Ripert's recipe for salade con poi vert in time.

Should I really blow his gaskets and post my in-law's recipe for broccoli rice casserole? It involves the V word cheese (and it dominates).
Hell yeah, throw the bad boy out here!
Wild West Pimp Style
Rattler12
HtownAg92 said:

Please please....say it's not Velveeta .......my poor heart couldn't take it were it to be velveeta......Mz R's 1st cousin made a green bean casserole for TG and it had that cheese in it ......us common peons scarfed it up pretty goodly like....If though, had we had royalty present, I doubt they would have approved of the peasantry of it at all.
DiskoTroop
FIDO*98* said:

Let me clarify then. In my experience, most people who prefer canned prefer it due to the consistency and texture, myself included. With very little work, you can serve a 'gelled style' homemade sauce that is vastly superior to Ocean Spray cans. I like to serve things that are homemade for special occasions and don't open cans or boxes for Thanksgiving. I didn't get where I am in life by settling for mediocrity. Sorry if that spills over into my cooking.

Is this cousin Eddie with his real tomato ketchup?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.