Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

wine/beverage fridge

1,164 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedata
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a wine and beverage fridge, ideally that can store more wine bottle, cans and bottles.

I drink mostly red, will get the occasional white, but I am looking for a fridge that will house all of the above.

Anyone have a brand/or have a set up that they are happy with?

Thank you!
htxag09
AG
Does it specifically have to hold beverages and wine? I'd say you definitely will need a dual zone if that's the case as beverages should be below 40 degrees and wine around 50. If you go with just a wine fridge, I'd imagine you'll have a lot more options and they'll be more affordable.

I have a Wine Enthusiast branded N'FINITY wine fridge going on seven years now and no issues.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
i mean, to save space? I was just thinking of getting a wine fridge
htxag09
AG
I mean you could. But I think you'd be disappointed in any beer or other beverage you pull out and drink at a temp of 50 degrees.

For wine fridges specifically: budget, size/number of bottles you're wanting to hold, under-counter/built in or freestanding?

Also specific to wine, I wouldn't worry about red vs white storing temps. You can get a dual zone, but they're more expensive and more components to potentially fail. Just pick a temp and stick with it, in my opinion, mine is 50-55 degrees, red and white.
HTownAg98
Beer and wine require different storage temperatures, and even with a dual zone, it won't work well for keeping both, as most dual zone fridges has a set maximum range (usually 5-10 degrees) the two thermostats can be apart.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I advise against dual zone. Too many cons that outweigh any benefit. Keep 1 fridge around 50 and you're set. When you want a white to have more chill, take it out and throw it in the regular fridge a while before opening.
GAC06
AG
Refrigerating red wine?
Sazerac
AG
I have a dual zone Avallon
It works great.

40F lowest on top
54 lowest on bottom

I keep cans and topos on top.
Backup of those below with some wine, bubbly etc.
Chipotlemonger
AG
GAC06 said:

Refrigerating red wine?
Honestly it's better than the alternative, especially if you live in the heat!

Most varietals need to come up a bit from there, but just get a bottle out a half hour before drinking time, pour a glass, and you'll be perfect. And as a bonus your wine will have breathed a little bit. Some varietals do great right out of the ice box as well.

And besides that point, we are talking about 50* specifically here, not a normal sub-38*.
HTownAg98
I wouldn't use a refrigerator for long term storage because of vibration and humidity issues. But if you're going to drink it within a year, it's fine.

I have a cheap white that I buy by the case for the summer when I want wine but it's f-ing hot. It stays in the vegetable crisper.
aggiedata
AG
Check out the Zephyr brand. We just bought one at Home Depot for wine only but many models are configured for cans. We really like it so far. California company.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Zephyr-Presrv-24-in-7-Bottle-Wine-and-112-Can-Single-Zone-Beverage-Cooler-PRB24C01BG/310858632#overlay
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.