Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

London/ Oxford restaurant recommendations

1,186 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nillbors likensoaxe
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey y'all! We are going to London and Oxford next month for a wedding. We will be in London for a little over a week and Oxford for 4 nights.

We have an 8 year old son and would love some restaurant recommendations you have!

Thanks!
LondonAg89
AG
When I've traveled to London with kids, we go to Nando's (peri peri chicken chain), Wagamama's (noodles) and Zizzi for pizza. Pre Covid there was an Alice In Wonderland Tea party that had a great kids menu and I've taken both boys and girls. Not sure it has reopened yet. Most pubs are great for kids too (fish and chips were the fave).

What part of London will you be staying in? (I got nothing for Oxford as I've only been there once for work and cannot remember where we ate)
ATM9000
AG
I live here with kids. For sure take them to a pub. Most are really kid friendly. Everybody will have a recommendation but honestly most of them aren't that different. My kids love having brunch or dinner at a pub.

The Gordon Ramsay restaurants are all pretty good and mostly kid friendly. Places like his burger places or Heddon Street for example are extremely family friendly and my kids like going to. When we make it into central central London we also take the kids to Where the Pancakes Are around Fitzrovia. They love that place for breakfast.

Book everything in advance. If you are in central London and are just walking into a sit down restaurant for a sit down dinner with no reservation… chances are, you are about to have a crappy meal.

What I'll say about London rather than getting into specifics is that it is a very huge international city. The food scene is highly underrated here. One of the things I like about it is that 'family friendly' isn't sort of boxed in by places that are either Tex Mex, have chicken nuggets and burgers on their menu or a pizza place. Take your son to things that in Houston or Dallas would be considered not that kid friendly. He will enjoy it and you won't get looks for bringing a kid to those places in this city for the most part.
BurnetAggie99
Definitely got to hit Toff's of Muswell Hill for some Fish & Chips. Texas Joe's Smoked Meats if you have a BBQ itch
Duncan Idaho
When in doubt order the chicken tikka masala
nillbors likensoaxe
AG
If you can get in, go to Trivet. Unbelievably great food, unusual wines, very cool experience. If too fancy with child, try Som Saa. . . some of the best Thai food you will ever eat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.