Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Portability of 36" Blackstone

2,608 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQ92
BQ92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I've been wanting a griddle for some time; now I have an excuse. Family reunion is coming up and will be fixing a ton of food for about 50 including kids. So brings me to the question, can the 36" be transported reasonably well? Am I setting myself up for more trouble than it's worth.

It will either have to be inside the back of a Tahoe or one of the hitch carriers.
FIDO*98*
AG
It shouldn't be that hard to transport if you strap it down well. For 50 people you're going to wish you called in a caterer or a food truck. Sounds miserable. What's the plan? Burgers?
MookieBlaylock
AG
28 Adventure has wheels and designed just for this
Allen76
AG
If you haven't purchased yet, check out the five burner Members Mark grill at Sams Club. My son has one and I like it more than my 36" Blackstone. It comes with a hinged lid and has a few other improvements like magnetic edged shelf.
BQ92
AG
Breakfasts:
- French toast & pancakes
- eggs sausage bacon hash browns
Dinners:
- casserole's pre-made by aunts and grandmas
- burgers
- Fajitas
HTownAg98
I think you're going to need something more than a 36" griddle to cook for 50 people if everyone is eating at the same time. I would want two of those griddles and a couple people to help.
Diggity
AG
We took mine to a river trip a couple weeks ago and used to to feed about 20 people. I would agree 50 is a stretch of you don't have another grill to help out.

As far as portability, it's not too hard to break down and move. Probably about a 5 minute process. We moved it in a pickup so can't comment on that part.
Marcus Brutus
I can cook an entire 16 ounce package of bacon on mine and it takes about 10 minutes, from placement to take off. It takes the entire griddle. Thats enough bacon for what, five people?

It's not going to work.
BQ92
AG
Thanks for the feedback.

Will have grills and people to operate them so this isn't the only cooking surface for 50
BQ92
AG
Follow-up to previous message.

I was passing through Buc-cee's and saw their Pit Boss 5 burner 36" griddle. I ended up choosing it because of its portability (relative). Legs fold under, only 6 thumb screws to lock the legs and bottom shelf. The side panels close to become the cover. Happy with the choice.

Perfect appliance for the reunion application. At 18 patties at a time, it can cook up some food quickly. 285 meals served from Sunday evening to Wednesday morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.