Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Favorite Keto Recipes

2,802 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Two Gun Corcoran
aggiedadofpanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decided to go on the Keto diet to start 2022, want to get down a few pounds. I've already grown tired of the standard "grilled piece of meat and roasted vegetables" for every meal. Any good keto recipes out there that folks have tried?
SpiderDude
AG
We do spaghetti and zoodles a lot. You can buy whole zucchini and spiralize yourself if you have the tool or buy them already spiralized (noodles) at the store. It's one of the more popular paleo/keto dishes we do. I cook the zoodles in a wok until desired softness. Season them lightly with salt and pepper. Drain excess liquid if needed.
javajaws
AG
Buffalo crack chicken - throw some boneless chicken breasts (or whatever you want) into a crock pot along with some Frank's RedHot and cream cheese. I usually do around 3-4 breasts, 1.5-2 sticks of cream cheese and a cup or little more of hot sauce. Cook until done and you can shred the chicken up.

I like to heat up leftovers by making patties out of it and re-heating in a skillet with some butter. Not only does it heat it up it makes some nice texture on the outside as well.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Max Power
AG
I used to do pretty strict keto but stopped a while back, I just try to keep my carbs down these days but don't pay any attention to macros or total fat intake.

Don't discount how good a simple roast chicken can be.
Spaghetti squash
Shakshuka: eggs cooked in tomato sauce, but you can use the concept to cook eggs in all kinds of sauces, like a tikka masala, etc
New Orleans bbq shrimp or fish, seriously just cooked in a ton of butter and spices.
Made mashed cauliflower a few times that turned out pretty well if I used the right amount of butter and cream.
I never get tired of roasted broccoli as a side dish.
Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto or bacon
Creamed spinach

My favorite fat bomb ratio is 1 part powdered swerve, 2 parts coconut oil, 2 parts peanut butter, almond butter, etc. Add a touch of maple extract, good to go.

If you work out and have a protein shake afterward then add a raw egg to it, you won't taste it in there if your protein powder is well flavored and if you buy decent quality eggs you won't have to worry about salmonella. I use almond milk, a scoop of quest protein powder, some mct oil, and a raw egg. The addition of a raw egg will also keep you full for longer if you're looking to lose weight.
Alr3111
AG
Cook this without adding the rice and chicken stock. Do let it simmer the 20 minutes to soften the vegetables.
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a53820/easy-homemade-cajun-jambalaya-recipe/

Cook this and replace the pasta with cauliflower (raw not frozen) that you have roasted (with no oil or seasoning) for 30-45 minutes) until is is similar in texture to al dente pasta.
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/baked-ziti-with-sausage.html

For this weekends weather:
Gumbo without rice
Homemade chili

There are a ton of websites with keto/paleo/low carb recipes
Max Power
AG
Another winner I used to make is chicken parm, but instead of bread crumbs just put pork rinds in a food processor. Works with breasts or thighs.
Tanya 93
Alr3111 said:

Cook this without adding the rice and chicken stock. Do let it simmer the 20 minutes to soften the vegetables.
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a53820/easy-homemade-cajun-jambalaya-recipe/

Cook this and replace the pasta with cauliflower (raw not frozen) that you have roasted (with no oil or seasoning) for 30-45 minutes) until is is similar in texture to al dente pasta.
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/baked-ziti-with-sausage.html

For this weekends weather:
Gumbo without rice
Homemade chili

There are a ton of websites with keto/paleo/low carb recipes

Why no chicken stock?
Alr3111
AG
You only need the stock to cook the rice. I cook a pot of rice separately so Jon low carb eaters can add rice
FIDO*98*
AG
1/4oz dry vermouth in a martini glass. Swirl around and pour off excess.

Place a couple of ice cubes in a shaker. Add 2oz Tito's and a Tbls olive brine. Shake vigorously and strain into the martini glass

Garnish with 2 Spanish olives. Change it up on occasion with Blue Cheese or Jalapeno stiffed olives
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions. Going to do gumbo without the rice tonight and made up some of the crack chicken last night.
JYDog90
AG
aggiedadofpanda said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Going to do gumbo without the rice tonight and made up some of the crack chicken last night.

What did you serve with the crack chicken?
Formerly Willy Wonka
schmellba99
AG
Palmini noodles are a great sunstitute for regular noodles. I really like them.

Outer Isle makes good cauliflower flats for toast, sandwiche and pizza crust.

Instead of roasting only, air fry different veggies or do things like cabbage steaks or stufed caulflower heads. Mixes things up some so you dont stagnte withvegetables.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Gin or GTFO
Garrelli 5000
AG
Store bought tortillas always suck. With that out of the way - some low carb tortillas are better than others. I strongly recommend warming per there instructions and don't just toss in the microwave. Mission's say heat on a skillet for X seconds per side and they are definitely better if you follow their advice.

When I do keto I eat a lot of taco salads. The meat reheats well without tasting funky. Crush a couple tortilla chips into the bowl and you get the crunch and flavor without killing your carb count. You can also use this trick in a LC tortilla.

Stuffed bell peppers are good as well. You can swing these Tex-mex or Italian based on what you stuff.

I like to grill or saut shrimp then mix with avocado, a little Mayo, diced veggies, lime, and whatever spice suits you.

The slippery slope with keto is eating too much sausage, bacon, hot dogs, etc. I dearly love all of these things but done too much you trade weight for still very unhealthy stuff.

Edit - once or twice a week try to go 24 hours with zero calories - no milk in your coffee, nothing. Combined with keto it works very well to get weight off.

For alcohol I'm a vodka guy.
Take the trash out staff.
scd88
AG
If you can find the HEB store made keto tortillas, do that and freeze them. Warm them up in a skillet to eat with eggs, taco meat, etc.

The in-store made keto tortillas are actually pretty good, although I wouldn't eat one by itself like regular HEB tortillas.
aTm2004
AG
Making this tonight

https://thebestketorecipes.com/one-pan-keto-bacon-cheeseburger-skillet/

And will try this tomorrow night

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/one-skillet-creamed-spinach-chicken-whole30-keto/
mslags97
AG
I posted a great Keto chili recipe in the chili thread.
aTm2004
AG
aTm2004 said:

Making this tonight

https://thebestketorecipes.com/one-pan-keto-bacon-cheeseburger-skillet/

Excellent. This one makes it into the keeper folder.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
FIDO*98* said:

1/4oz dry vermouth in a martini glass. Swirl around and pour off excess.

Place a couple of ice cubes in a shaker. Add 2oz Tito's and a Tbls olive brine. Shake vigorously and strain into the martini glass

Garnish with 2 Spanish olives. Change it up on occasion with Blue Cheese or Jalapeno stiffed olives
Can someone give me a carb count on dry vermouth? Google search results wildly fluctuate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.