Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Caldo

1,597 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by B-1 83
Lola68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for different Caldo recipes. I have always used Los Barrios' recipe, and its great, but wondered if any of yall have different versions or ingredient ideas. I like beef caldo. Thanks
Rattler12
If you don't use beef shanks already try them. Makes all the difference in the world.
Lola68
Yes. Thanks
dsvogel05
AG
Might try short rib.
AgsMnn
AG
Love some Caldo. Easy and simple. That's the best part about it. No need to fancy it up. It's there to warm you up on cold days like chicken noodle.
Shanks
Cabbage
Corn cob slice
Squash or zucchini
Lots of broth
B-1 83
AG
AgsMnn said:

Love some Caldo. Easy and simple. That's the best part about it. No need to fancy it up. It's there to warm you up on cold days like chicken noodle.
Shanks
Cabbage
Corn cob slice
Squash or zucchini
Lots of broth
Carrots, celery, potatoes……can also be in the mix. I favor caldo de pollo over caldo de res, bit certainly love them both.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Lola68
I usually add sirloin or venison or other meat to go with all the veggies. Great on a cold day
AgsMnn
AG
B-1 83 said:

AgsMnn said:

Shanks
Cabbage
Corn cob slice
Squash or zucchini
Lots of broth
Carrots, celery, potatoes……can also be in the mix. I favor caldo de pollo over caldo de res, bit certainly love them both.

I forgot those and agree, both are good. It's all about the broth and warming up.
MarylandAG
Shank and if you have a La Michoacana close to you, they sell "hueso mixto" throw some of that in there
onions
tomatoes
broth, preferably homemade
carrots
cilantro
potatoes
Corn on the cob, cut in chunks about 2-3 in long
chayote or some other type of squash
cabbage

I think I found the Los Barrios recipe and if I read correctly it calls for stew meat, I feel strongly that you should have meat chunk in there that are still on the bone, the flavor will be so much better. Salt and pepper to taste and whatever other spices tickle your fancy (maybe a pinch of cumin, garlic, mexican oregano) and limes you can squeeze into it when you serve is. Provecho!!! Perfect meal on a day like today COLD!

edit: the barrios recipe does call for "stew meat bones".
Rattler12
MarylandAG said:

Shank and if you have a La Michoacana close to you, they sell "hueso mixto" throw some of that in there
onions
tomatoes
broth, preferably homemade
carrots
cilantro
potatoes
Corn on the cob, cut in chunks about 2-3 in long
chayote or some other type of squash
cabbage

I think I found the Los Barrios recipe and if I read correctly it calls for stew meat, I feel strongly that you should have meat chunk in there that are still on the bone, the flavor will be so much better. Salt and pepper to taste and whatever other spices tickle your fancy (maybe a pinch of cumin, garlic, mexican oregano) and limes you can squeeze into it when you serve is. Provecho!!! Perfect meal on a day like today COLD!
This
B-1 83
AG
I have a pot going today. Caldo de pollo w/cabbage, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, green onion, cilantro, …….
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.