Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Is sausage a meal/main course.

2,049 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oldag941
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love a good sausage (so to speak) as much as anyone but it seems like whenever I cook one it's always as an appetizer or a side. If I'm going to a BBQ joint I usually get a 1/2 a link just for something on the side. Is this the case for anyone else. The things you think about while at the gym.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It certainly can be
BigAg95
AG
You just haven't found one that's big enough to hit the sweet spot yet.
FincAg
AG
Yes.

Smoked sausage, beans, and cornbread.

Brauts, peas, cabbage, and cornbread.

My wife would say cornbread is the 'main' and the rest are sides.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Your mom likes sausage for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dessert on holidays
FIDO*98*
AG
I like Italian Sausage with fried peppers over polenta as a main. Sausage, potato, and Brussels hash as a quick meal, Brats with grilled onions and spicy mustard in a roll, ginger garlic sausage bahn mi, bbq sausage sandwich, & plenty more. Even when it's an ingredient like jambalaya or cassoulet it's still a main player and not a side. Breakfast sausage is the most common place as a side as I can think of.
schmendeler
AG
Do you even hot dog, bro?
ls1aggie09
AG
Random topic but I'll bite….fairly common meal for us to make that everyone loves is a good sausauge sliced and sauteed with garlic, onions, peppers. Throw in some creamy mac n cheese or cheesy rice on the side.
ConstructionAg01
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I like Italian Sausage with fried peppers over polenta as a main.
Just decided what I'm making for dinner tonight. That sounds perfect.
FbgTxAg
AG
Sausage and cabbage.
SpiderDude
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I like Italian Sausage with fried peppers over polenta as a main. Sausage, potato, and Brussels hash as a quick meal, Brats with grilled onions and spicy mustard in a roll, ginger garlic sausage bahn mi, bbq sausage sandwich, & plenty more. Even when it's an ingredient like jambalaya or cassoulet it's still a main player and not a side. Breakfast sausage is the most common place as a side as I can think of.

I've done sandwich rolls with sausage, peppers, marinara and provolone.
htxag09
AG
I want to say yes, and absolutely it can be, but seems when we cook sausage it's often part of the main, it's not the main itself. For example, bangers and mash or sausage in pasta.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yea, of course. But as the question implies, it does seem like a lot of people don't view it that way.

Several nights a year, my dinner consists of a link of venison sausage from the freezer and a healthy lot of mustard.
javajaws
AG
Does using them to save dogs count as a main course?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/20/stranded-dog-saved-from-drowning-after-rescuers-attach-sausage-to-drone?fbclid=IwAR2dZ7nwpnqU5DWGgdMEcJjAqIcz1FFX0LQSi6XG1wsIY23eAvvrMQ_593A
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
AgsMnn
AG
We make deer sausage 3 times a month during school when there is baseball practice or kids have CCD. It's fast, easy, and everyone likes it.

Usually make a veggie and a boxed rice.

Also, if you have never mixed "Tiger sauce" and ketchup on sausage, you are missing out. It's a staple now to have tiger sauce on the table when we are eating sausage.
The Lost
Can be either, sausage wraps are great, or it goes in the side well with tons of dishes
Buzzy
Sausage wraps for breakfast.
Mathguy64
AG
Is this really a question? Sausage any time any where.

Bangers and mash
Venison Sausage wraps with sauted onions and peppers.
Venison sausage in Mac and cheese.
Sausage in a breakfast taco.
Cromagnum
AG
BigAg95 said:

You just haven't found one that's big enough to hit the sweet spot yet.

Just the tri-tip.
oldag941
AG
Had to make a quick dinner for me and my 11 year old son last night. I always keep a package of Opa's Jalapeno and cheese sausage in the fridge. Done. He went to bed full....and happy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.