Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Pork Femurs/Fatback In Houston Area

884 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AG N ASIA
Tx-Ag2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know where I can get pork femurs or fatback in the Houston area? I am trying my hand at making some authentic Japanese ramen and the recipe I found calls for a mix of neck bones/femurs along with a bit of fatback.

I was able to pick up 40# of neck bones at Stewarts in Sweeny but haven't been able to locate anyone in the Lake Jackson area who sells just the femurs.

I will probably end up buying a bit of extra pork belly to use in place of fatback but would prefer to follow the recipe at least once before I start experimenting.
barnacle bob
AG
Have you checked H Mart or 99 Ranch?
HTownAg98
Forty pounds of neck bones? How much ramen are you making?
For the fatback, try an HEB in a not as nice neighborhood. They usually won't have very much, but I've amassed 15# over a month of shopping.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Forty pounds of neck bones? How much ramen are you making?
For the fatback, try an HEB in a not as nice neighborhood. They usually won't have very much, but I've amassed 15# over a month of shopping.

There was a slight miscommunication with the butcher but this should give me enough to make 4 batches.
tsuag10
AG
Maybe try B&W Meats on Shepherd. I don't know for sure if they still butcher whole sides of pork or not.
AG N ASIA
AG
J J packing in Brookshire will likely have what you need. We used to get whole pigs for pig roast box and I think they process pigs for local market.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.