Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Air Fryer Recipes

3,639 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Col. Steve Austin
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally got an air fryer and was wondering if anyone had any favorite air fryer recipes to share. Thanks in advance!
southernboy1
AG
I don't have a favorite but it might help if we know which one you have. I have a traditional one and a power xl. Completely different cooking styles with the same concept.
FIDO*98*
AG
Try some beer battered fish, tempura shrimp, or maybe corn dogs.

Teslag
AG
Wings. 10 minutes one side. Flip. 10 minutes more. Done.

Also ignore any moron that claims it's just a convection oven.
FIDO*98*
AG
It's not a "claim". It's an actual fact that it's a convection oven. Understanding that can help get the most out of it.

If I'm such a moron for pointing that out, how about you make the things I suggested and post pictures of the results?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Salute The Marines said:

It literally is a convection oven,
Stupid@17
AG
Chicken thighs in it were surprisingly good. 375 temp 8 minutes skin side down, then 8 minutes skin side up and check temp. Cook until were you want it.
LastHamlet
AG
Salute The Marines said:

An air fryer is just a smaller convection over with a catchy name. They both have a fan and a heating element that pushes hot air around the cooking chamber. Please ignore any moron that claims that it isn't a convection oven.
SpiderDude
AG
In fairness it blows the air over the food at a much higher rate than a normal convection oven. But yes, it is using convection to cook.
Teslag
AG
SpiderDude said:

In fairness it blows the air over the food at a much higher rate than a normal convection oven. But yes, it is using convection to cook.

Thank you. This is exactly my point. It's not "just" a convection oven. The heating element is much closer to the food and the air moved much faster resulting in a different result than a traditional convection oven.
LastHamlet
AG
Only because it's a smaller volume area but it's basically a countertop convection oven.
GAC06
AG
Salute The Marines said:

SpiderDude said:

Thank you. This is exactly my point. It's not "just" a convection oven. The heating element is much closer to the food and the air moved much faster resulting in a different result than a traditional convection oven.

It's a convection oven with a marketing gimmick. Also it causes owners to talk about it a lot.
aggiespartan
AG
LastHamlet said:

Only because it's a smaller volume area but it's basically a countertop convection oven.

This. And you can get countertop convection ovens with a lot more features.
southernboy1
AG
I'm not going to get into the oven thing, all I know is the air fryers turn out better than a traditional. Not knocking tradition they have a place too. Last I was hoping for some personal recipes to try not an argument about ovens.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Poor op, not a single recipe listed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Poor op, not a single recipe listed.

This is the TexAgs way.
Rattler12
FIDO*98* said:

It's not a "claim". It's an actual fact that it's a convection oven. Understanding that can help get the most out of it.

If I'm such a moron for pointing that out, how about you make the things I suggested and post pictures of the results?
GoneGirl
AG
Pinterest is your friend. There are hundreds of good recipes on it.

Personally, I love cooking roasts - both pork and beef - in mine.
It makes an amazing pork loin and roasted baby potatoes in about an hour.

I also cook veggies in it.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Rattler12
Rattler12 said:

FIDO*98* said:

A picture of Morgan Freeman pointing his finger up and saying "He's right you know" is flagged ?
texasaggie2015
AG
Completely forgot about this thread, but to answer an above question, it's a PowerXL.
Gilligan
AG
It does make great wings.

However, it takes up a lot of counter / pantry space.

For my adult kids it works great.
Superdave1993
AG
Left over French fries. Those that you always box up and bring home that are never as good at home. Throw them in until crispy and you will be good to go. It will also get a piece of leftover pizza back to a good place.

Our kids use them for almost anything like nuggets, pizza rolls, fries and tots. Never really looked for any actual recipes, and we use it like a microwave for simple things.
Txmoe
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Can't I just think you're a moron for arguing against a point NO ONE believes?
Ornlu
AG
This is my favorite Airless Fryer recipe:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StupidFood/comments/s8q1tv/fried_pasta_tacos/
Col. Steve Austin
AG
So what about the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid, any experience with that? We have an Instant Pot and don't really have room for a separate Air Fryer.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.