Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Better tasting option than Miller/Coors Lite?

5,353 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by txaggie05
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am obviously no beer snob, Coors is my preferred, followed by Stones, Miller Lite and Lone Star light but I will go out of my way to avoid Budlight. The taste is fine but it destroys my stomach
planoaggie123
AG
I had no idea there was anything better than Miller Lite.

I may have to give this Yeungling Flight a run...
dustin999
AG
Michelob Ultra for me. They all basically taste the same imo (yuengling, Miller lite, Michelob ultra, bud light) so i go with what causes the least heartburn which for me is ultra.

I wouldn't call a 140 calorie beer an all day drinker. Way too heavy for me, but then again, I'm not one of these skinny dudes who can't keep on weight.
Cassius
dustin999 said:

Michelob Ultra for me. They all basically taste the same imo (yuengling, Miller lite, Michelob ultra, bud light) so i go with what causes the least heartburn which for me is ultra.

I wouldn't call a 140 calorie beer an all day drinker. Way too heavy for me, but then again, I'm not one of these skinny dudes who can't keep on weight.

Its interesting how different recipes cause various physical issues for folks.

I used to drink Bud Light, but then it started giving me muscle cramps at night. Even drinking a single beer would do it. So I switched to Mich Ultra. I was good with it for a pretty good while and then started getting cramps with it too. Now I drink Miller when I do drink beer, which is not often. No cramps with it. I'm a red wine guy mostly.
texasaggie2015
AG
Love Street Light or Shiner Light Blonde
Matsui
AG
I didn't realize until after college how much better day drinking is than night drinking.
The Milkman
AG
SJEAg said:

If you're watching carbs, I like Lagunitas Daytime IPA. Yeah it doesn't taste like an IPA, but still more flavor IMO than Bud/Miller/Coors. I haven't tried Yuengling Flight yet, but I like it more than Blue Sky and Shiner Blond light.

Theres several of those light IPAs out there now, which I find to be an interesting and clever marketing tactic. They are all just sessions, but I guess that wasnt resonating as much. Now I imagine they are selling very well
Max06
AG
So far my favorite ~100 calorie beer is Bell's Light Hearted Ale.

I also enjoy Shiner Weisse n Easy for a change up but that's definitely not an all day beer
bmc13
AG
Max06 said:

So far my favorite ~100 calorie beer is Bell's Light Hearted Ale.

I also enjoy Shiner Weisse n Easy for a change up but that's definitely not an all day beer

just tried the light hearted this week. I agree
SoTxAg
AG
Just about anything.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Buenaviza from Stone Brewing is a good day drinker but still prefer an ice cold Coors Light
CheersforBeers
How have you made it having two girls and managed to figure out what beers you like? Not intending to be rude just being serious. As a father of two (recent) I enjoy a nice cold beer each evening to take the edge off and unwind.
txaggie05
AG
Real Ale Small Victory is a really good low cal IPA option
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.