Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bar shelf ideas

1,189 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by G Martin 87
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're redoing a room as a bar/lounge/den and I'm looking for some wall shelving ideas to display bottles, bitters, and glassware. (All types of cocktails and liquors, not just bourbon and scotch.) Natural wood preferred over commercial, but needs to look good with my bar. I will not be relocating the dart board.
Not the best picture, I know, but hopefully that gives a general starting point.
SpiderDude
AG
This is what I did with mine. Seems like a similar size space. Maybe floating shelves to either side of the dart board?!

AlaskanAg99
AG
You're going to be chucking metal tipped darts near glass bottles of booze?

This deserves video of parties!
aTm '99
G Martin 87
AG
Looks very nice. I should have said that my bar is moving to the new space and the dartboard is staying where it is. So I'll have open wall space above the bar in the new room. A blank canvas, in other words.
G Martin 87
AG
I'm an A league player, but not that reckless.
scoodogg
AG
I bought a couple butcher blocks from Lowes and stained them. Split them in half lengthwise and hung them on painted angle iron that I mounted to the walls at the ends.

You can also buy some heavy duty floating shelf mounts online. Mine stretched from wall to wall in the space I was using, so the angle iron worked well.
G Martin 87
AG
Daytime pic. This was custom built for me by Jim Hayes, a prop designer who built Dr. Evil's chair, the weapons for The Scorpion King, and the blue box for Mulholland Drive, among others. His specialty, though, was flames. He painted guitars and hot rods for Brian Setzer, and that work inspired this piece.

This will be the centerpiece for my new bar area, so I need shelving ideas that will compliment the theme.

48" x 24" top, 44.5" tall
BigAg95
AG
I'd go with something like this for the mountings, and some nice wood with a good walnut stain for the shelving:

https://www.architecturaldepot.com/BKTM03X10X10MOCRS.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxJqHBhC4ARIsAChq4auOwE9YcTIz_c03FLSF8l35GeXJR2mVnSqhBkEY9k_zB9HAAt7o5BgaApqREALw_wcB
G Martin 87
AG
I like that a lot. 10" depth would be excellent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.