Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Beer to take to Upstate New York

1,045 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CheersforBeers
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted on the Outdoor board.

Going to visit relatives in upstate N.Y. (aka Western New York)

Would like to take some Texas beers that are not available in other parts of the U.S.

What would be some good choices?

TIA
Whitetail
AG
lone star

(cross posted on the outdoor board)
lazuras_dc
AG
Shiner , four corners , 8th wonder , saint arnolds , Karbach

Don't know if these are available up there. But that's a good start IMO
Old Town Ag
AG
Martin House Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer
fav13andac1)c
AG
Don't know where you are, but it's hard to know what to suggest if we don't know what they like. If you're wanting macro staples that are made in Texas: Shiner or Lone Star. If you're wanting something a little more craft that is decently representative and is widely available in many parts of Texas: Real Ale, Deep Ellum, Saint Arnold, or Revolver.
schmendeler
AG
yeah, find out what they like.

do they want "TEXAS" beers (shiner or lone star)? quality mainstream type craft beers from texas (saint arnold or karbach or southern star)? or do they want cool, interesting (maybe weird) beers from texas (martin house, 903, blue owl)?

each of those categories has other examples but those are what came to mind.
CDub06
AG
There are 1000 options and it will be based on preferences. If you're in San Antonio, grab some stuff from Weathered Souls, Islla Street, Kunstler, or any of your other fine local breweries. That's what I'd want over shelfies you're grabbing from HEB or nonsense like Lone Star or Shiner.
CDub06
AG
Fake news
schmendeler
AG
i knew that they are owned by bud but didn't know they are nationally distributed
Bruce Almighty
AG
schmendeler said:

i knew that they are owned by bud but didn't know they are nationally distributed

I live in Missouri, and if they do distribute nationally, they aren't doing it in their own state.
CDub06
AG
Sorry, y'all are right. I swear I'd seen it in Chicago, but I guess I was mistaken. Looks like they're just in contiguous states.
CheersforBeers
Karbach is in Louisiana.

Karbach Ranch Water has started to be distributed in Nashville and they are trying to take this brand nationally this year. It will be the first beer they take more nationally.

If I had any beer to suggest I would recommend taking Saint Arnold. The oldest craft brewery in Texas.

Independence would be a good one as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.