Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Casual restaurants in Port A

2,356 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ShackelfordAg99
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations for casual seafood restaurants in Port Aransas. 12 & 10 year old in tow, but they'll eat seafood.
lazuras_dc
AG
Virginia's and Fins

You didn't ask but La Playa for Mexican
HTownAg98
Beach and Station Street.
GIF Reactor
AG
Thanks!
Potcake
AG
Shells
Irie's

I'm not sure there is anything formal in Port A.
JYDog90
AG
Potcake said:

Shells
Irie's

I'm not sure there is anything formal in Port A.
yeah, I was going to unhelpfully reply, "all of 'em."
Formerly Willy Wonka
GIF Reactor
AG
We went to shells a few years ago, maybe around 2014ish, came in wearing shorts and flip flops and we were very under dressed. Got a lot of stares and felt awkward, so we left. Maybe it is different now.

Not coming straight off the beach or anything, just looking to avoid that. We went to Virginia's, it was fine.

Tailgate88
AG
Stingrays is a good option and they have something for everyone. Killer wings.

La Playa is great, but small - come early and bring cash. And if you like tequila then that's your place, they have 100 to choose from or something ridiculous.

GIF Reactor
AG
Did MacDaddy's today. Fried shrimp and Parmesan Fish were good, BBQ nachos were good, even though they used kettle cooked type chips.
LCE
AG
Was there last week. . Don't wait too late. At 8 pm Fins had doors locked. Blue Water Cowboy was closed. Hour plus wait at Virginia's. Last stop was Whataburger and they had doors locked.

If you hit them around 3 or so you should be fine.
LCE
AG
That was last Thursday.
GIF Reactor
AG
We did Whataburger Saturday night. Just a heads up for anyone, they don't take orders through the app and the wait is long, even by Whataburger standards. It was 45 mins or so, from the time we pulled in to the parking lot and joined the line to the time we got our food. Both the food and drinks were incorrect.

Tried Lelo's, the Jack and Coke burger was really good. Would go back.
LCE
AG
The kid at the window apologized telling us there was only 4 people working the store so they couldn't allow indoor dining.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Dylan's coal oven pizzeria
Richierich2323
LCE said:

The kid at the window apologized telling us there was only 4 people working the store so they couldn't allow indoor dining.

It has been tough to find workers in Port A. Even before all of the COVID and stimulus stuff. They talked about adding low income housing apartments at one point to help keep workers on the island but I think a lot of people complained.

I hope to retire down there some day. The only place on the island that I have stayed away from with kids it the Venetian Hot Plate.

Every place else has been welcoming. We are headed down there for a fun fishing trip with my dad and kids in a few weeks. Hoping to be able to catch enough to bring it in to a restaurant and have them cook it for us like we used to do when I was a kid.
Jetty
AG
Lelos!! And Iries. Go early! Expect a wait.
CEPhD
AG
Grumbles is the new hotness.
LCE
AG
All good. Stayed at Beachgate and brought shrimp to do our own. Clean beach last week
GoodBullShark
AG
Irie's Island Food!
ShackelfordAg99
HTownAg98 said:

Beach and Station Street.

This is the correct answer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.