Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

25 lbs of peachesideas?

3,017 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieBarstool
Mayor West
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife got 25 lbs of peaches with no REAL plan to utilize all of them. Any ideas on unique ways to use them or recipes that you've used and recommend?

Planning to grill them for a dessert. Use them in a salsa.

Thanks!
Tanya 93
I do not like peaches, but I used to make peach jam and peach butter for my grandfather in law before he passed
He loved it. I can give you the recipes if you want.

Also, you can just roast some and make a puree to add to panckae/waffle batter that you freeze in ziploc bags
NColoradoAG
Thread title threw me for a loop. Maybe you should put some sliced peaches and some brie in a tortilla and grill it up. Peachadilla
Bruce Almighty
AG
Cobbler
htxag09
AG
My wife gets a box from the Georgia peach truck every year. With fresh peaches we grill and top with ice cream, make peach ice cream, and peach cobbler. We slice some up and freeze them. For the vast majority we make peach preserves. We take the pits and skins and make peach pit jelly.
Mayor West
AG
htxag09 said:

My wife gets a box from the Georgia peach truck every year. With fresh peaches we grill and top with ice cream, make peach ice cream, and peach cobbler. We slice some up and freeze them. For the vast majority we make peach preserves. We take the pits and skins and make peach pit jelly.

Yes, my wife did the peach truck for the first time this year. I don't think she was able to conceptualize how many peaches are in 25 lbs
Mayor West
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Thread title threw me for a loop. Maybe you should put some sliced peaches and some brie in a tortilla and grill it up. Peachadilla

It had a three periods before ideas, but I guess it was cut out.
'03ag
What are esideas?
Ag MD 84
AG
Peach jalapeño jam, peach vanilla bourbon jam, peach beer mustard (used revolver blood + honey ale)
Dr.Rumack
'03ag said:

What are esideas?

eso translates as 'this' so slang for 'this ideas' could be possible.
sanitariex
AG
Lots and lots of cobbler
htxag09
AG

GIF Reactor
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I do not like peaches, but I used to make peach jam and peach butter for my grandfather in law before he passed

Also, you can just roast some and make a puree to add to panckae/waffle batter that you freeze in ziploc bags

Please do post those recipes. Sounds great.
javajaws
AG
Cut a bunch up and put in some jars, pack with sugar then fill with a clear liquor of your choice - vodka, moonshine, etc.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
62strat
AG
Find a homebrewer, peach ales are good.
maddiedou
AG
htxag09 said:

The only true question. Are the peaches any good and what business do you buy thru

I hate buying peaches anymore because most of the time it is a1outof10
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
This question is for anybody whats the best peach out there and how do yall go about ordering them

Thanks
maddiedou
htxag09
AG
Yes, out of 25 lbs, 1 was bad. The company is called Georgia peach truck. Issue is they only make a couple trips to certain cities and you have to buy 25 lbs.
maddiedou
AG
Thank you so much. There is nothing as good as a good peach that just puts juice all down the front of your shirt

Hopefully i will get on the next truck next year. Thanks again
maddiedou
B-1 83
AG
Teacher Wife '82 used to do this..

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-freeze-peaches-234168
Hwy30East
B-1 83 said:

Teacher Wife '82 used to do this..

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-freeze-peaches-234168

My grandmother use to freeze them after she had finished making whatever stuff she wanted to make out of them, jelly's, jams, cobblers, canning.. And they were still great after freezing.
Cromagnum
AG
Peach butter and jar up for later.
GIF Reactor
AG
GIF Reactor said:

Tanya 93 said:

Still waiting for these recipes, Tanya....
GIF Reactor
AG
Rattler12
^^^^^^^^^
GIF Reactor
AG
GIF Reactor
AG
BurnetAggie99
Bunch stuff like Peach cobbler, peach preserves in Mason jars, peach ice cream/peach frozen custard, cinnamon peach bread, German peach kuchen.
HECUBUS
AG
When they hit perfect ripeness, we cut them up and freeze them in cobbler quantities in gallon ziplock bags. Gallon size is good for a single layer fast defrost. Two HEB pie crusts and we have quick peach cobbler all year. We used to pick mass quantities every year when the kids were young.
GIF Reactor
AG
combat wombat™
AG
I bought 25 pounds of peaches from the peach truck this year. Let them sit on the counter for a couple of days as the guy instructed me to do. One peach ended up with a little bit of mold around the stem. Then I blanched the peaches, peeled them, cut them up we ate some fresh. The rest went into FoodSaver bags and frozen. They are just as good when they're thawed as when they were fresh. I did add some fruit fresh to keep them from oxidizing. Every single peach in the batch was good.
GIF Reactor
AG
GIF Reactor said:

GIF Reactor said:

Tanya 93 said:

Still waiting for these recipes, Tanya....

AggieBarstool
I made peach infused bourbon in Sept.

The bourbon was great in Old Fashioned cocktails.

The alcohol-soaked fruit was delicious as a topping for vanilla ice cream with some homemade whipped topping.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.