Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

houston dim sum? Any really good places?

1,826 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rattler12
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Are there any good places in houston for dim sum OTHER than Ocean Palace or Crown Seafood?

I used to like Ocean Palace but they changed a LOT in the past 2 years... They just go off a menu and you dont have the old ladies pushing the carts around.. I LIKE the carts... There are also a lot of things they have discontinued on their menu that I went to them specifically for/.... like fried baby squid... loved it but they dont have it anymore.

and wasn't impressed with Crown Seafood... whcih is almost right across the street from ocean palace..
Gilligan
AG
Doozo's in the Park Shops downtown has the best dumplings in town. It's not a dining experience, but it is good food.

Not sure if I know the difference between steamed dumplings and dim sum.
Snowball
AG
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but the Houston board on here is the most active regional board on here and can help find more recs.
dummble
AG
Golden Dim Sim - no carts, but everything is great
CloudRusty
Fungs when they reopen in July!
Cyprian
AG
Kim Son still doing it? Thier buffet hot pot was the **** back in the day. I've done dim sum there before but it has been a while.

We still swing by Oceans Palace, it has changed, but we still go. Fungs was nice, but too far for us.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Cyprian
AG
I was not impressed with HK Dim Sum. Everything was soggy - we went once, and it will stay that way lol

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
studioone
Snowball said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but the Houston board on here is the most active regional board on here and can help find more recs.

yeah,, and if I post this on that forum, they'll tell me to go to the food n wine board...

always happens...
studioone
Gilligan said:

Doozo's in the Park Shops downtown has the best dumplings in town. It's not a dining experience, but it is good food.

Not sure if I know the difference between steamed dumplings and dim sum.
dim sum is far more than dumplings...
Bruce Almighty
AG
studioone said:

Snowball said:

yeah,, and if I post this on that forum, they'll tell me to go to the food n wine board...

always happens...

Nah, they'll just tell you to go to Panda Express or some restaurant in El Paso.
austinag1997
AG
Kim Son was really good back in the day. Haven't eaten there on many years, though.
htxag09
AG
Kim son still pretty good for options when you aren't in China town, like Stafford.

I thought ocean palace still did carts on weekends? I know they stopped during the week. I used to work right down the street and frequented it. But first time I went on a weekend the carts surprised me. Maybe covid stopped it?

Fungs is also pretty good.
studioone
dummble said:

Golden Dim Sim - no carts, but everything is great

We wound up going to Golden...

Got food poisoning...

Fun times..
A New Hope
Ocean palace IMO is excellent. Much higher quality ingredient than hole in the wall places.
Rattler12
Dim sum pretty interesting places yall done named.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.