Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best BBQ in Nashville?

1,368 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Troy91
CajunAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gonna weekend there with Mrs. CajunAggie later this year.

What are the top 2-3 joints there?

TIA.
DiskoTroop
Martin's and Edley's are good.

Peg Leg Porker is kinda niche. You may or may not dig it...
proc
AG
I was at Martin's near the Parthenon in September. It was good.
AggieOO
i'd just wait until you get back to texas and eat good bbq here.
TXAG 05
AG
Prepare to be unimpressed. But Martins isn't bad.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Save some time and go for some of the hot chicken instead. I would do maybe one BBQ visit, and the others' Martin's recommendation is solid. The downtown location is excellent to hang out at and drink upstairs. Can get busy there though and line long so plan accordingly.

If you really want barbecue and don't care as much about that whole downtown location setup, just go to the location down south in the Belmont area neighborhood.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah unless there's something you're really looking for, the bbq will be good and that's likely about it.

Prince's or Hattie B's for hot chicken is a must though.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Memphis has better BBQ than Nashville. Nashville is more known for fried chicken and other southern type foods.
CajunAggie
AG
I just looked at Hattie B's Instagram page....

Nee Nee
AG
Check out one of the Biscuit Love locations for breakfast. Do not pass up the bonuts as an app either... So good!
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Any bbq outside of texas usually equates to pulled pork with some type of sauce. You want cole slaw with that? Some pork ribs? That's basically it. And they RAVE about it. I live in tennessee and have tried most of the bbq places that are supposed to be good.

Just eat good Texas bbq while in TX and eat other crap you can't really get in texas while you're in nashville.
Speckled Trout
AG
Biscuit love is good but the line was outrageous when I was there.

Martin's was just ok. I don't like dry rub poured in my ribs after they are cooked.
Garrelli 5000
AG
We stayed in the Gulch so it was a 3 minute walk to Biscuit Love. We got there within a few minutes of opening on a Sunday so there wasn't a line.

We'd had a late night so I admittedly was a little sideways so wasn't feeling a big breakfast, so take my review with a grain of salt.

It wasn't bad but I sure as hell wouldn't wait in line for it. I don't mind biscuits but I'm also not one to crave a biscuit.

I had the "East Nasty" FWIW.

I enjoyed Pine State Biscuits in Portland more when we went over a decade ago.

If you want a great steakhouse experience, Kayne Prime was our favorite restaurant steak meal ever. We walked in late on a Saturday with no reservations, the steak gods smiled on us and 2 seats in the middle of the bar opened (I'll hope to get the same area if we ever get back), and the food was incredible. Save the rolls until after dinner and dip them in their steak sauce. It tastes like desert.
Take the trash out staff.
DiskoTroop
Garrelli 5000 said:

We stayed in the Gulch so it was a 3 minute walk to Biscuit Love. We got there within a few minutes of opening on a Sunday so there wasn't a line.

We'd had a late night so I admittedly was a little sideways so wasn't feeling a big breakfast, so take my review with a grain of salt.

It wasn't bad but I sure as hell wouldn't wait in line for it. I don't mind biscuits but I'm also not one to crave a biscuit.

I had the "East Nasty" FWIW.

I enjoyed Pine State Biscuits in Portland more when we went over a decade ago.

If you want a great steakhouse experience, Kayne Prime was our favorite restaurant steak meal ever. We walked in late on a Saturday with no reservations, the steak gods smiled on us and 2 seats in the middle of the bar opened (I'll hope to get the same area if we ever get back), and the food was incredible. Save the rolls until after dinner and dip them in their steak sauce. It tastes like desert.

Kayne Prime looks legit
Troy91
AG
Hit up the Pharmacy for good burgers and beer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.