Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

What's for Easter dinner?

2,250 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tailgate88
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last year I cooked my own steak for Easter dinner and ate by myself due to quarantine. This year I'm hosting my family.

My dad passed in September and a family friend sent bbq from the Salt Lick in lieu of flowers. Mom hasn't eaten it yet and wants us to have it for Easter. We are obliging her.

Looking for ideas on side dishes to jazz up reheated bbq.

What are y'all planning?
Sazerac
AG
You should make a mustard based German potato salad like they serve at salt lick.
CalAG
AG
My contribution to Easter this year is:

45 day dry aged prim rib. I season with just salt 24-36 hour prior to cooking. I smoke it to 115 internal temp, then take it off to rest while getting the rest of the meal ready. The temp carries into the 120's. Just before serving I put it in a 500 F convection oven and sear it.

The whipped cream horse radish sauce that is linked somewhere here on Texags.

No-knead sour dough bread.

Queso

Bruce Almighty
AG
Smoked lamb barbacoa
thisguy05
AG
Sous vide short ribs (boneless if I can find em) with polenta and gremolata
thisguy05
AG
How do you make your barbacoa?
Miss Elainey
Crawfish just like every Easter for the past 15 years....
Miss Elainey
Bruce Almighty
AG
thisguy05 said:

How do you make your barbacoa?

I use this recipe: https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/slow-cooked-lamb-or-beef-barbacoa/ with the following modifications.

I salt the lamb liberally and then smoke at 250 for 3 hours. I then put the lamb in a disposable roasting pan, cover with the marinade and cover with foil, leaving one edge open. I cook for another 2-3 hours until the lamb is tender enough to shred. I also make sure to reduce the sauce while the meat is resting.

FIDO*98*
AG
I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed at the recipe. My grandad was from Athens and the whole lamb head would make the occasional appearance at the dinner table. I was hoping that was the direction you were going. That recipe does sound good though

I'm doing a charcoal grilled butterflied leg of lamb with lemon-oregano roasted fingerling potatoes and stewed green beans
HTownAg98
I was going to cook some lamb, but after I saw the current prices for lamb I'm going to pass.
Positive Yardage
AG
It's going to be close to 80 degrees here on Easter and we have had snow for like the last three in a row so we are going fajitas.
turfman80
AG
Tired of ham and I wont have much time for cooking, so we'll have grilled salmon as the entree.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Chipotlemonger
AG
Doing some rosemary pork tenderloin and spring vegetable risotto. Undecided on other items, but considering roasted carrots and a carrot cake. Any suggestions to go with the pork and risotto? (Peas, asparagus in risotto)
oklaunion
HTownAg98 said:

I was going to cook some lamb, but after I saw the current prices for lamb I'm going to pass.
On the other hand, it does not suck to raise lambs.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I was told I'm smoking brisket.
And making some famous "Aggie Beans" that will also be smoked.

Guess who's going to the store?

And reading this thread, I need to learn to make some mustard German tater salad.
aTm '99
SpiderDude
AG
Going "casual" with Doner Kebab. 1lb ground grass fed beef and 1lb ground lamb. Seasoned and cooked in oven wrapped in Al foil.
Max Power
AG
Put some pork butts on the smoker at 5:00 this morning. The family is responsible for the rest.
Tailgate88
AG
Deboned and butterflies a leg of lamb yesterday. It is marinating in mustard white wine fresh rosemary and garlic. Will grill to 125 on ripping hot coals.

The family will handle sides.
DuckySams
Smoked pork butt, German potato salad, and baked beans. Pure class.
SpiderDude
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CNQHEIAMWvn
Tailgate88
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Deboned and butterflied a leg of lamb yesterday. It is marinating in mustard white wine fresh rosemary and garlic. Will grill to 125 on ripping hot coals.

The family will handle sides.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.