Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Purple Corn Tortillas

915 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FIDO*98*
MichaelJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love Blue corn chips/tortillas and my wife has been making homemade regular corn tortillas from scratch for a while now.

Anywho - when i saw blue corn flour at the store I jumped on it, only to realize its actually purple corn flour.

My question - does anyone have experience making blue corn tortillas at home - I assume the purple flour is no different and I can just sub in the purple corn flour.

Side note - as i understand it, Masa Harina is just corn flour - so for the above flours can I just use a standard Corn Tortilla recipe with the different corn flours?
FIDO*98*
AG
Blue corn already looks purple so I can't imagine there would be a problem. I wouldn't think you'd need a specific recipe per color. I'd think the only variation may be in the amount of water, but, that would be easy enough to correct
MichaelJ
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Blue corn already looks purple so I can't imagine there would be a problem. I wouldn't think you'd need a specific recipe per color. I'd think the only variation may be in the amount of water, but, that would be easy enough to correct

thanks - that is kind of my thought process as well - ill follow a regular corn tortilla recipe (Corn flour and water) and let you know how they turn out

what kind of ratio do you like?
FIDO*98*
AG
I just eyeball it till it's right when I make masa dough. I don't make them often though because I can throw a dart in any direction and hit a place that sells homemade corn tortillas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.