Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Newks

2,126 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MichaelJ
Gabster43213
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone had the pizza at a Newks recently? Had a fan of today tell me that they believe they are now using a totally different type of crust on their pizza. Not near as good as in the past in their opinion.
FtBendTxAg
AG
No, but I've been to Newks twice and have thought their food was extremely bland
The Milkman
AG
I've driven past the Newk's on i-10 countless times and every time I think to myself "why would you name your restaurant something that evokes the thought of a microwave?"
AggieOO
schmendeler
AG
Went once. IIRC it was on the same level as McAllister's in amount of "meh" and "how do these places stay open?"
FIDO*98*
AG
schmendeler said:

Went once. IIRC it was on the same level as McAllister's in amount of "meh" and "how do these places stay open?"

Every time my Customers request Newks, McCallisters, or Panera I just cringe.
AggieOO
schmendeler said:

b/c of people like my parents. They pretty much only eat a crappy chain restaurants when they go out to eat. My mom is particularly fond of Cotton Patch.

Only time they eat at a non-chain restaurant is for mexican food or if I take them out to eat.
AggieOO
FIDO*98* said:

schmendeler said:

I've gotten to the point with a few particular customers that I don't allow them to pick anymore.
DiskoTroop
FIDO*98* said:

schmendeler said:

Oooff. No joke. Although I must say, I do love the Asian chicken salad at Panera.
MichaelJ
AG
AggieOO said:

schmendeler said:

b/c of people like my parents. They pretty much only eat a crappy chain restaurants when they go out to eat. My mom is particularly fond of Cotton Patch.

Only time they eat at a non-chain restaurant is for mexican food or if I take them out to eat.

YOU LEAVE THE COTTON PATCH OUT OF THIS!!!!
AggieOO
MichaelJ said:

AggieOO said:

schmendeler said:

YOU LEAVE THE COTTON PATCH OUT OF THIS!!!!
<puke emoji>
JYDog90
AG
Newks is Jason's wannabe.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Bulldog73
AG
Jason's is palatable to my uncultured tastes, but the rest of those places are trash chick food.
Ornlu
AG
Jason's salad bar is the best chain salad bar there is, and there are a few scenarios in life - like traveling with a group that has a large bunch with special dietary needs - where a salad bar beats all other choices.

Their sandwiches, however, are forgettable at best.
MichaelJ
AG
Ornlu said:

Jason's salad bar is the best chain salad bar there is, and there are a few scenarios in life - like traveling with a group that has a large bunch with special dietary needs - where a salad bar beats all other choices.

Their sandwiches, however, are forgettable at best.

I too like Jason's salad bar

I fear post covid buffets may be no more
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.