Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Brisket Prices & Where to Buy in North Fort Worth

4,294 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by evan_aggie
KellerAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Keller and last week I bought a prime brisket for $2.58/lb. at the Sam's Club here in Keller. I was wondering if anyone has anywhere else that they would recommend shopping for brisket? I'm new to the brisket game so any suggestions on where to go/what to buy in my area would be great!
AgBQ-00
AG
The costco typically has decent pricing. Also the Kroger on Heritage Trace runs good specials about twice a year.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Teslag
AG
If you're getting prime briskets at $2.58 a pound then you've already found your place.
chilidogfood
AG
Another vote for Costco. They typically have prime brisket for a decent price.

Worth it, IMO.
KellerAg15
AG
Thanks guys, I'm going to be smoking another one this weekend so I'll check the Kroger mentioned above and the Sam's I went to last week. I was pretty sure I had found a sweet deal I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track!
Ornlu
AG
I work in Keller. When would you like me to stop by and judge your work?
cpscAG06
AG
I was just at the Costco in Southlake on Monday and they had Prime Brisket for $2.80 a pound. If my memory serves.
TowerAg90
AG
Z-Bar Cattle Co next to the Ace Hardware on Keller Parkway. Family owned and their meat comes from their own ranch in Texas. Read the reviews. You won't be disappointed.
schwabbin
AG
Costco in Dallas has prime briskets $2.59/lb. Matter of fact, just threw one on the WSM this morning.
The Pilot
AG
2.99 for prime at Costco in Denver. About as cheap as I've seen up here.
proudaggie02
AG
The Pilot said:

2.99 for prime at Costco in Denver. About as cheap as I've seen up here.

I found prime for $2.39/pound at the Lone Tree/Park Meadows location in September.
The Pilot
AG
That's where I went but we just moved to the burbs in October.
proudaggie02
AG
^
Nice. What area? I'm in Lone Tree, by the golf course.

The PM Costco typically has prime for $2.79/lb, but it occasionally goes up to $2.99-3.29.
Hincemm
AG
TowerAg90 said:

Z-Bar Cattle Co next to the Ace Hardware on Keller Parkway. Family owned and their meat comes from their own ranch in Texas. Read the reviews. You won't be disappointed.

What are the prices lke?
The Pilot
AG
Just NW Quebec & MacArthur Ranch.
proudaggie02
AG
The Pilot said:

Just NW Quebec & MacArthur Ranch.
evan_aggie
AG
Anyone tried the Wagyu brisket from heb? They are $6.99 a lb. I've noticed they are starting to carry a few other cuts that are marked with a new Wagyu label
thisguy05
AG
I have. Best brisket I've ever cooked. It didn't taste twice as good as prime, but it was so much easier to cook with all that fat that it might be worth it.
evan_aggie
AG
thisguy05 said:

I have. Best brisket I've ever cooked. It didn't taste twice as good as prime, but it was so much easier to cook with all that fat that it might be worth it.

Thanks! It's just such a big difference and the HEB ones aren't small, so some were $140-$160 vs my Costco go to $50.

Also, I seem to have a tough time (pun intended) getting the flat really tender and juicy. Even the prime seems to just be too lean. I've tried both pink butcher paper and foil. The foil helps some but maybe it's getting over cooked. I pull when the probe reads 203 usually and let it Rest. I cook around 235 and spritz every few hours with a water pan as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.