Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Kitchen Knife/Knives

7,635 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Diggity
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

OaklandAg06 said:

What knives would you want in the set?
At this point I'll probably get something on Amazon to make sure they get here by Christmas. Been checking every day and Misen is still out of stock, and they aren't responding to emails.

That's surprising. I ordered some a couple weeks ago and they sent to wrong address (I just moved). I e-mailed them a couple times and was getting upset and they wrote back that they were very sorry, were a small company still and were overwhelmed with business and wanted my new address to send me another knife.

Good news is the guy that bought my old house ended up finding my information and sent me that one so I got a 2 for 1!
Tailgate88
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Tailgate88 said:

OaklandAg06 said:

What knives would you want in the set?
At this point I'll probably get something on Amazon to make sure they get here by Christmas. Been checking every day and Misen is still out of stock, and they aren't responding to emails.

That's surprising. I ordered some a couple weeks ago and they sent to wrong address (I just moved). I e-mailed them a couple times and was getting upset and they wrote back that they were very sorry, were a small company still and were overwhelmed with business and wanted my new address to send me another knife.

Good news is the guy that bought my old house ended up finding my information and sent me that one so I got a 2 for 1!
A Christmas miracle! :-)

I'm not upset with them - I get they are having growing pains. Actually at this point I might just wrap a picture of the knives and order them when they come back in stock. They seem like very good knives at a good price based on this thread, so I'd rather go with a sure deal than rely on Amazon reviews.

Unless someone posts something else here...
OaklandAg06
AG
Maybe take a look at this set. Tojiro is a great brand, and VG-10 is probably better steel than what is being used by Misen.

https://www.amazon.com/Tojiro-2-piece-Chefs-Knife-Set/dp/B00GHN6T40/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=tojiro+vg10&qid=1608236614&sr=8-3

Plus it would be there by Christmas!
LondonAg89
AG
I bought a 3 piece set in blue and realized I'd prefer black so i ordered a second set. If you want the blue ones, I'm happy to send to you (never opened the knives themselves) and try to get to you by Christmas. Or if you're in Houston area, I can meet you.
La Fours
AG
Saw this thread a few weeks ago and sent a link to my wife as part of my Christmas wish list. I got the 8" and 6" chefs knives. I used the 6" yesterday for the first time to cut up some turkey breast and so far so good.
mgreen
My groomsmen gave us a set of Henckel knives 30 years ago and we we are still using them today. Now that is a good wedding gift.
aa4136
How are you guys liking the Misen knives so far? Any updates after using them?
aTm_bomb
AG
They are sharp enough to cut stuff, works as intended. Wife loves the utility knife bc it fits her hand the best.
WES2006AG
AG
aa4136 said:

How are you guys liking the Misen knives so far? Any updates after using them?
I bought the utility knife and I like it. It wont take the place of the few Global knives that I have but for the price I didn't expect it to. The knife doesn't get daily use but has stayed nice and sharp over the few months that I have owned it.
supermanrv
AG
Just bought a Misen based off this thread. Hope you all still enjoying yours.
Diggity
AG
I love the utility knife. It's my everyday choice these days.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.