Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Outdoor Kitchen Ideas/Recommendations

5,017 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieSam02
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Building a new house and all I care about is the kitchen and outdoor kitchen. For my last house I had a 36" Bull gas grill which I liked, side burners which I never once used, and a primo XL. I'm thinking this next house I might get ride of the burners and add a griddle. Kept the Primo so need space for that as well. Any recommendations and/or pics of your setups? Thanks.
AnScAggie
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2954877

Some pics of mine are in this thread that'll maybe give you some ideas.
agcrock2005
AG
AnScAggie said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2954877

Some pics of mine are in this thread that'll maybe give you some ideas.

That looks awesome! What is the thing to the right of your gas grill with tall cover?
AnScAggie
AG
My wife wanted 2 tv's so we could watch different CFB games, (yes I married well). The problem was the only reasonable place for the second tv was along the wall with the grill and side burners. So I had a sheet metal company make a cover to deflect the steam and heat away from the tv.
agcrock2005
AG
While I've got you here, any recommendations on in-the-ceiling speakers? Not sure if you even have any but didn't want to start another thread on it.
AnScAggie
AG
I have them but I have no idea of what the brand is. I have two speakers in the cabana and two in trees by the pool, it can get as loud as a rock concert. I know the speaker (controller) is a Bose SoundTouch.

ETA: Went out to look at the sound system, it is a Bose SoundTouch SA-5 amp, I still have no idea on the speakers because they are built in the wall.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Revel speakers

I have 2 of the C363XC overhead. They are fantastic.

L41XC's around pool and the sub in flower bed by house. Patio and pool on different zones but can play same source via Heos.
Take the trash out staff.
The Silverback
AG
my $.02.....Spent a ton of money a few years ago on patio/outdoor kitchen. We are now selling our house and going to build new construction next Spring. Some things I will do this time around after going through it before:

Adding Power Burner: I use cast iron all the time in my kitchen and every time creates a giant mess with oil splatter and smoke. Would like to relocate that outdoors.

Adding Evo Flat top grill: Almost did it last time and regret not pulling the trigger

Not doing kegerator this time around: doesn't get used like I thought and can easily stock the fridge with a variety of cold beer.

Spending less on grill: Got a 36" Hestan last time around, while its an unbelievable grill and looks ascetically great, I can probably accomplish the exact same thing spending half the money.

Pull out trash bins are a must

Get a bigger TV than you think you need

Add more lighting than you think you need

Spending less on counter tops: did Dekton tops last time and not a great use of money IMO

Outdoor Subwoofers are cool and not terribly expensive

Outdoor sinks are a waste of money unless you space is too far away from house/kitchen
sanitariex
AG
Which power burner are you looking at? We're currently building, and outdoor kitchen is one of the first things I plan to do. Currently have a blackstone 36" and XL BGE, I'm going to get rid of the blackstone and looking at the blaze griddle and blaze power burner. Definitely going to add lots of drawers and trash can.
agcrock2005
AG
Thanks for your advice. Very helpful. Hadn't thought of the pull out trash but I will now. Your post reminded me that my last setup had no trash and it was a huge pain in the butt. Was contemplating outdoor sink as well but will probably pass. Didn't really need one at last house and they're definitely not cheap to put in correctly (with proper draining). FYI, my 38" bull with rotisserie was half the price of the one you had and it worked very well. I'm going with them again for my next one. Really installed it only for resale value and then found myself cooking on it 4-5 nights a week because it made cooking so easy.
The Silverback
AG
sanitariex said:

Which power burner are you looking at? We're currently building, and outdoor kitchen is one of the first things I plan to do. Currently have a blackstone 36" and XL BGE, I'm going to get rid of the blackstone and looking at the blaze griddle and blaze power burner. Definitely going to add lots of drawers and trash can.
Not 100% yet....would like it to match the grill if possible but most of the nice ones have corresponding grills that are $5-7k (Twin Eagles, DCS Etc). Would rather spend much less than that on a grill this time around. The Blaze one seems to be a pretty good value
agcrock2005
AG
Is there a difference between "power burner" and side burners? I'd like something with very high BTU's for a wok but I had side burners on my last setup and never once used them.
The Silverback
AG
agcrock2005 said:

While I've got you here, any recommendations on in-the-ceiling speakers? Not sure if you even have any but didn't want to start another thread on it.
Another area I don't think you need to spend a ton of money....I think I have Klipsch but only because its connected to home automation. If you don't have home automation then a Sono's system is probably the way to go due to quality of sound, ease of use and functionality. Can easily sink it to the TV or play music from your phone with out having to connect it to an interior system.
The Silverback
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Is there a difference between "power burner" and side burners? I'd like something with very high BTU's for a wok but I had side burners on my last setup and never once used them.
Yes, side burners are similar to a range burner in your house. A power burner is massive and gets much much hotter.
Garrelli 5000
AG
This is a minority opinion -we wish we didn't do a trash can. Reason being we have a nice can on the patio that was our primary kitchen cam at the last house. It was relegated to outside in the new home. It is a single pedal to open and has 2 cans inside. I use that still. I'll end up reappropriating the double can pull out bin to hold equipment off some sorts. It's right by the griddle and Komodo so it'll end up being used to hold tongs or grates or towels to wipe griddle, etc.
Take the trash out staff.
Rattler12
We originally had this in the outdoor kitchen .....

Last year about this time I built this little jewel to replace it

agcrock2005
AG
Bump to ask a couple more questions.

My builder has offered to build my outdoor kitchen if I want to buy the appliances and have him install. He's already going to have trades out there doing rock work, countertops, etc. so he should be able to beat the heck out of the outdoor kitchen folks that nail you on the appliances and also all the other stuff.

TLDR: Know of a place to buy the appliances without paying full retail? Anyone on here able to buy wholesale and still make some money off me but not get 35-40% on me?

PS: Looked up that EVO flat top grill and it looks awesome. Anyone have experience with a built-in version? Very interested.
AggieSam02
AG
We have a brick and mortar retail showroom in North Houston and carry evo along with all the other top brands like blaze, firemagic, twin eagles, delta heat, Lynx, rcs, yoder, big green egg, etc.

We actually provide our retail clients with a cut sheet 3D drawing at no charge if they are building on their own (not using us to turnkey it). Most of our builder clients love it too!

FYI - we unfortunately don't make 35-40%, especially with freight which we absorb. Always willing to do an Aggie discount though. Plus the free plan with purchase.

www.creekstoneoutdoors.com
713-389-5936

Here's an example of the drawing:

agcrock2005
AG
Thanks for response. My guess is you don't work in DFW correct?
AggieSam02
AG
Nope but I can sell you equipment!
agcrock2005
AG
Awesome. Just left message with Ty at your office. Thanks.
agcrock2005
AG
AggieSam02 said:

Nope but I can sell you equipment!
Just wanted to report back that Sam at Creekstone did a great job for me, and I'm in D/FW. Strongly recommend him for your outdoor kitchen needs, especially if you're in the Houston area. As of this morning, all of my appliances have arrived at my new house and I'm just waiting on the stupid HOA to let me build it! Here's the plan he did for me. Thanks Sam. Enjoyed working with you and your team.

texag06ish
AG
What is the best way to get ahold of you directly?
AggieSam02
AG
Thanks! I don't know how I missed this post. I appreciate your business and the shout out. Gig'em!
AggieSam02
AG
Just shoot me an email Sam at Creekstone outdoors dot com
agcrock2005
AG
Good timing. Just took all the plastic off the appliances a couple hours ago. Have some cleaning to do and then the cooking commences tomorrow! Can't wait. Thanks again Sam.

EDIT: Haven't painted/caulked yet but the kitchen is open for business as of tomorrow.
EDIT 2: Sam, you have someone that can custom make a cutting board to go over the power burner?

smstork1007
AG
Nice looking outdoor kitchen. If Sam doesn't have a guy for the cutting board, I highly recommend Agrams from over on the Outdoor Board. Took delivery a couple weeks ago of a monster of a cutting board/chop block from him and it's awesome, but I know he can make you what you need.
AggieSam02
AG
We recommend the food safe poly boards outside. We have done wood but I would leave 1/2" for expansion.

When you measure take 3-4 measurements in both direction and subtract 1/8" from the smallest measurement each way.

This is the website we use.
http://cuttingboardcompany.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.