Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Buying liquor online - Caskers?

3,278 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kappmeyer
kappmeyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone done this? Looking to see that what I buy is what I'll get. Legitimacy of purchase abc quality shipping/packing practices is what I'm looking to confirm.
Terk
AG
I've never personally ordered through them, but I plan to this holiday season. Their emails are great. They definitely tune into what you click vs what you don't click. My inbox is filled daily with delicious rums and bourbons that I find super interesting.

Hoping to hear from someone who has ordered from them.
AggieChemist
AG
I bought a couple of hard-to-find bourbons from caskers last week. I have not even received a receipt via email. No order confirmation, no shipping, no nothing.

I do note that they hit my credit card for a couple benjamins, though.

Not impressed so far.
John Francis Donaghy
Spam folder maybe?

I had the same thing happen when I ordered from an online tackle shop earlier this year. Apparently I put a junk rule on their ad emails years ago because they were sending me ads I didn't want, but it caught my order confirmation and receipt too.
AggieBarstool
Is it legal to ship alcohol to/within TX?
CharlieBrown17
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Legal and being able to do it are two different questions
lazuras_dc
AG
AggieBarstool said:

No and the online retailers won't do it. So you'll have to pass it through an Out of state intermediary if you so choose.
Cyprian
AG
I ordered 2 bottles via, The Whisky World, this weekend. Prices are ok, shipping (UK) factors in, but not a deal breaker for me and what I wanted. I'm curious how long delivery takes.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
AggieChemist
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Spam folder maybe?

I had the same thing happen when I ordered from an online tackle shop earlier this year. Apparently I put a junk rule on their ad emails years ago because they were sending me ads I didn't want, but it caught my order confirmation and receipt too.

No, I checked there right away. I emailed them today and they confirmed my order. It hasn't shipped yet. Still, weird not to get a "you ordered this" email.
kappmeyer
Keep us posted. Not many "feel goods" from that story...
AggieChemist
AG
Bourbon was delivered this morning. I still never received any sort of receipt, or shipping confirmation, or tracking number. It just showed up one day. I'm not real impressed and I'm not sure that I will order from them again.
turfman80
AG
Del Mesa Liquor and Blackwell's both do great jobs of shipping
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
AggBock
AG
Must have malts also does a great job shipping. It is from Netherlands though and can take time. I have received 3 orders so far with no issues.
ziggity06
We used bottlehaus for the game of thrones six kingdoms bottle and it worked out well except they didn't send the tube and didn't respond to our email about it
Cyprian
AG
Cyprian said:

I ordered 2 bottles via, The Whisky World, this weekend. Prices are ok, shipping (UK) factors in, but not a deal breaker for me and what I wanted. I'm curious how long delivery takes.

This took less than a week. Very impressed with lead time, packaging, etc.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Bigfootisreal
I tried to order from Del Mesa because I've used them in the past. They are not shipping to Texas right now. That sucks because they are very prompt and have a lot of hard to find stuff!
austinag1997
AG
NM. Posted above.
kappmeyer
Bumping this.

Anyone else try caskers? Turn out ok?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.