Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Gas grill recommendations please

8 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texker
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to buy a gas grill and some of the ones I like have a few consumers giving the grill a bad mark for being a rust bucket, so that kills that.

Anyone recommend a particular natural gas grill? Trying to keep it under $600.

Appreciate the help.
ftworthag02
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2593537
Bunk Moreland
Weber Genesis II. Might be a tad higher than your budget but worth every penny.
Reload8098
AG
Thanks!
mncag
I always thought the ones with the porcelain briquettes We're better rather than just the diverter burners . I have an old captain cook , not sure if it's made anymore.
Btron
AG
Anything Weber
muleshoe
AG
Weber. One grill 21 years. Replaced guts 3 times.....worth every penny, but get one with the cast iron grills. Like a cast iron skillet....and get a cover.

Best place for parts....

https://www.grillparts.com/
schmendeler
AG
i disagree somewhat regarding the cast iron grates. i've got one that has them, and they are a bit of a pain with maintenance. i will definitely be getting grates that are stainless steel when i next get a gas grill.

i fully back weber, but the porcelain coating on cast iron grill grates is crap. stick with stainless.
Spore Ag
I have had the Fuego gas grill for years. Works great, convently on wheels and compact. I am not a big outdoor cooker but this worked great for me.
RCR06
AG
You can buy stainless grates for weber grills. Shouldn't have to, but they are available.
Texker
AG
Bought my Weber in November 2006 and am still on my original grates. They aren't pristine but still functional. Either that or I have low standards. I think I've had to replace the flavorizer bars once. Due for another though. And a new cover. After 14 years the cover is a bit crispy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.