Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Where can I buy good coffee that won't break the bank?

6,220 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tailgate88
treyyates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mrmill3218 said:

I had a Blue Bottle subscription but canceled that recently because of how much it costs.

I've bought beans at Houndstooth in Dallas from Tweed Roasters but that stuff is expensive as well.

Anyone know of any other good options that are less expensive?

West Oak Coffee out of Denton and Decatur Texas is great!
Big Bucks
AG
88Warrior said:

Java Jacks in Nacogdoches has good coffee. I enjoy their Red Dirt and Lumberjack blends...

Red Dirt from Java Jack's for the win.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I picked up Independence Jet Fuel based on this thread. I've also picked up their Black and Tan. Looking for their Founder's Pride, Nana's Butter Cream or Tex A De Olla. Has anyone seen these in H-E-B? Their shipping is ridiculous for online purchases.
Diggity
AG
MAROON said:

https://javapura.com/

Agreed. Their warehouse is in Bellaire for you Houston folks.
TThom
Tod's coffee is great and Tod is a really good guy that I have mutual friends with. Give him a try. I pull my espresso shots daily w his LoCo Red Dirt blend

https://todscoffee.com/
Cancelled
AG
How much is OP paying for coffee that will break the bank?
Martin Cash
AG
1. Go to your local HEB, Randall's etc.

2. Buy a bag of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

Real coffee, reasonable price.
mrmill3218
AG
Was paying about $18 for a 12 oz. bag. Recently found good coffee (Cultivar) for about $14 at Central Market.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I've got Kicking Horse Coffee coming via Amazon Subscribe and Save and it's pretty decent to have on hand regularly at about $8 per 12oz bag. I've been in the same boat, looking for something else to mix in - recently picked up Cameron's Cost Rican blend in HEB and it was pretty good.
Tailgate88
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

I've got Kicking Horse Coffee coming via Amazon Subscribe and Save and it's pretty decent to have on hand regularly at about $8 per 12oz bag. I've been in the same boat, looking for something else to mix in - recently picked up Cameron's Cost Rican blend in HEB and it was pretty good.

Kicking horse is good stuff.

I did not know Independence had more options in their site. Will investigate. I also a think they have a storefront in downtown Brenham if you are in the area.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.