Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************BOURBON/WHISKEY TRADING THREAD************************

873,880 Views | 6464 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jtm2387
BQRyno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all hit me up and let me me know your user name and what you're interested in.
MarathonAg12
I'm interested in getting Pappy 15 soon.

I have a couple bottle arrangements that I can work out.

1. 2020GTS + Bardstown Discovery 4 + OWA

2. Van Winkle Lot B + Weller 12 + OWA

With some cash on top.

If interested or have any offers/suggestions let me know.

BQRyno
AG
Apologies if this isn't kosher, in which case I'll remove the post. Chatting with a couple of you guys on the old label W12 and OWA big boys, but I don't have a good idea of what reasonable pricing is. I see a few posts back that some of those W12s are going for 500 (as an example), but that almost seems like absurd secondary pricing and not fair for this group. Can anyone on those secondary markets give me an idea of reasonable prices for these two? I don't want to get bent over and don't want to be unreasonable.
MarathonAg12
BQRyno said:

Apologies if this isn't kosher, in which case I'll remove the post. Chatting with a couple of you guys on the old label W12 and OWA big boys, but I don't have a good idea of what reasonable pricing is. I see a few posts back that some of those W12s are going for 500 (as an example), but that almost seems like absurd secondary pricing and not fair for this group. Can anyone on those secondary markets give me an idea of reasonable prices for these two? I don't want to get bent over and don't want to be unreasonable.

As far as the 1.75 W12 is concerned see below.

I can send you a reference from my friend who is a borderline Weller distributor. Dude moves stuff all over the country. Its only worth something to the national market as a collectors item. So keep that in mind. You would have to trade it to someone like him and receive less cash or opt to sell and ship it national yourself and make $475-500.
Sazerac
AG
You ever gonna drink any of these bottles??
MarathonAg12
Sazerac said:

I have my GTS that I will keep. I just got another one that I'm going to try and trade since it's the same year.

I just enjoy staring at sealed bottles while sipping early times.
Bourbon Junkie
BQRyno said:

As someone who won't be making an offer on your W12 and OWA magnums, asking $400-500 each is not unreasonable. I've seen both offered at much higher prices.

As rare as the W12 magnum is, the OWA seems much harder to find even though the liquor is worth less - maybe $420 vs. $250. Collectability is why people want those and why they're willing to pay a premium.

Secondary pricing generally sucks but if it reflects fair market value (and that's a big if), there's nothing wrong with it IMHO.

Bourbon Junkie
MarathonAg12 said:

Sazerac said:

I have my GTS that I will keep. I just got another one that I'm going to try and trade since it's the same year.

I just enjoy staring at sealed bottles while sipping early times.
I'm with you.

If wheeling and dealing bourbon is wrong, I don't want to be right.
AGBrewer512
FT: Blanton's

ISO: Weller 12

Austin Area.
Elsjuan
AG
1.75 owa should be around 250-300. Seen some go for 300 shipped.
If you're interested in some trades let me know.
Elsjuan10@gmai
Aggie Hunter
AG
ISO: Blantons

FT: Cash

BQRyno
AG
Thanks for the input y'all. Currently have communications back and forth on the w12 and owa old label 1.75s. Asking 550 and 350 respectively based on some help and insights from you folks.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
I have one in Bryan/College Station.

email: txag2000_2002 at yahoo
Leanderthal
Could you do $110 for the Blantons?

Located in Austin
Bourbon Junkie
FT - Bardstown Discovery 2 and 4

ISO - Stagg Jr mainly but EHT SiB & Michter's 10 year bourbon would do

Looking for 1:1 on the Stagg & EHT. I know the M10 would need a little extra from me.

In Dallas. Email is tatum75204@yahoo.com.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I'm in Houston. I will pay $100 plus shipping if your willing to ship. That goes for anyone with a bottle they are willing to sell.
BQRyno
AG
BQRyno said:

Thanks for the input y'all. Currently have communications back and forth on the w12 and owa old label 1.75s. Asking 550 and 350 respectively based on some help and insights from you folks.
Alright, I think I'm just about down to the W12 old 1.75 now. If you're interested at $550, you can email me.

Probably less interest on these, but I also have a McKenna 10 and Orphan Barrel Barterhouse that I could be convinced to part with.
lazuras_dc
AG
Have an opened WFP SP and w12 and a unopened Johnny Walker Blue label (I know I know ) and an unopened ER and unopened blantons.

Looking for any of the following and or cash in either direction depending on the trade. I also don't mind opened bottles.

Mwnd
Discovery 4
JD SBBP
ECBP
ECTB
RHF
ETL
Blanton gold

Email lazurasdc at yahoo

AGBrewer512
lazuras_dc said:

Have an opened WFP SP and w12 and a unopened Johnny Walker Blue label (I know I know ) and an unopened ER and unopened blantons.

Looking for any of the following and or cash in either direction depending on the trade. I also don't mind opened bottles.

Mwnd
Discovery 4
JD SBBP
ECBP
ECTB
RHF
ETL
Blanton gold

Email lazurasdc at yahoo

sent email.
Bnickell05
Have 3 JDSBBP looking for trades...will be in Dallas next week.
Bnickell05
Special release rye
ftaggie09
AG
Bnickell05 said:

Have 3 JDSBBP looking for trades...will be in Dallas next week.
I have a MM FAE-01 and other things

What are you looking for?
NorthTXAg08
AG
Will be in Dallas next Thur - Sun and am and interested in the JD special release Rye. What you looking for in a trade?
CTGilley
AG
Long shot but does anyone have a 2/28/18 Blanton's? We can work something out.

I would also consider other 2018 releases. I was originally considering something distilled in my son's birth year but bottled the exact date or a great bottle from that year would be cool.
ftaggie09
AG
Headed to Kentucky next week. Have a couple of tours planned and will visit most of the major distilleries.

If you've been anywhere you recommend? I assume I won't find anything too rare in liquor stores but are they still worth checking?
Elsjuan
AG
ftaggie09 said:

Headed to Kentucky next week. Have a couple of tours planned and will visit most of the major distilleries.

If you've been anywhere you recommend? I assume I won't find anything too rare in liquor stores but are they still worth checking?

New riff
Elijah Craig rye
Heaven hill green label

Are bottles I would look for since those aren't available in Tejas, that you'll find in liqour stores. I picked up a several of each last time I was in Kentucky
AlaskanAg99
AG
I do want to try the EC Rye, I haven't been in liquor stores much, is it even available in Houston/TX? Or is it some sort of rare item? OF Rye is pretty much my staple.
Sazerac
AG
it's not in Texas.
I have a bottle. It's pretty run of the mill, nothing special. Made some good Sazeracs with it the other day...
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sazerac said:

it's not in Texas.
I have a bottle. It's pretty run of the mill, nothing special. Made some good Sazeracs with it the other day...
How would you compare it to OF Rye?
Sazerac
AG
Never had OF's rye.
I prefer higher proof for sipping so for me it's underwhelming. I'd put it just above the basic Sazerac Rye. Will use for cocktails.
ftaggie09
AG
Elsjuan said:

ftaggie09 said:

New riff
Elijah Craig rye
Heaven hill green label

Are bottles I would look for since those aren't available in Tejas, that you'll find in liqour stores. I picked up a several of each last time I was in Kentucky
Thank you for the recommendations
AGBrewer512
ISO: Bardstown Discovery 4

Austin Area
Outdoorag011
Anyone in the Cstat area looking for Stagg Jr?
MarathonAg12
Outdoorag011 said:

I'm close enough in Temple Area. I'm looking for Stagg Jr. as I go to College Station often.

morales dot santiago89 @ gmail
betadawg1
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

I'm in CS. Which batch is it?
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.