Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Starbucks Sous-Vide Egg Bites

2,040 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by combat wombat™
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OMG. I just had the gruyere and bacon egg bites. THEY ARE AWESOME. Now I want to make some at home. Have any of you made them?
DiskoTroop
Yes. They're kind of a pain in the ass. Made my mix and poured into a muffin tin. Vac sealed the whole tin and sous vide it. They turned out just ok and not any better than if I'd baked, in fact I prefer the baked. Just plain scrambled eggs in sous vide are good but again, a lot more work than just doing it in the pan on the stove top.
JYDog90
AG
My wife makes them in the instapot. She bought a silicone mold on amazon and we love them.

https://www.platingsandpairings.com/instant-pot-sous-vide-egg-bites-starbucks-copycat/
doctorAg13
AG
I had it based on someone's recommendation and was not impressed. Maybe the way they cooked it, but all the bacon bits seemed to migrate to the periphery, mainly at the top.The rest of the bite was kind of bland as a result.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flashdiaz
AG
doctorAg13 said:

I had it based on someone's recommendation and was not impressed. Maybe the way they cooked it, but all the bacon bits seemed to migrate to the periphery, mainly at the top.The rest of the bite was kind of bland as a result.

hmmm.... Doctor complaining about not enough bacon
terradactylexpress
I use mini canning jars
combat wombat™
AG
I went to amazon and bought two silicone molds with lids; I'm going to try this in the InstaPot. I don't have a sous-vide set-up, although I have been thinking of getting one.
Duncan Idaho
wrong thread
Mathguy64
AG
I've done them sous vide in small canning jars. I did 12 at a time to make it worthwhile. They were good but more novelty than something I would do every week.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Mini mason jars then broil them for a minute or two to crisp them
combat wombat™
AG
i made a copycat recipe.in my Instant Pot. Theybare okay, but a let down compared to the texture of the SB ones. I didn't get the same creamy texture.

Recipe called for 4 eggs, bacon, 1/2 c cottage cheese, and 1/2 c gruyere. Mixed eggs and cheeses in blender and poured over bacon in the egg molds. Steam for 10 minutes of the instant pot and allowed 10 minutes natural release.

Maybe overcooked?

MichaelJ
AG
combat wombat said:

OMG. I just had the gruyere and bacon egg bites. THEY ARE AWESOME. Now I want to make some at home. Have any of you made them?

Welcome to 2016?
combat wombat™
AG
I don't go to Starbucks much at all. I don't like their coffee.
BEaggie08
AG
combat wombat said:

i made a copycat recipe.in my Instant Pot. Theybare okay, but a let down compared to the texture of the SB ones. I didn't get the same creamy texture.

Recipe called for 4 eggs, bacon, 1/2 c cottage cheese, and 1/2 c gruyere. Mixed eggs and cheeses in blender and poured over bacon in the egg molds. Steam for 10 minutes of the instant pot and allowed 10 minutes natural release.

Maybe overcooked?

I make them in the miniature canning jars, sous vide. I don't use nearly that much cheese, but I go pretty heavy with milk. Mine are really silky. I go about 60 - 40, eggs to milk ratio. Then sprinkle my cheese in the bottom of the greased jars, add the mixture, and sprinkle cheese on the top. Then into the water bath. They work really well for me. I haven't tried them in the instant pot yet, but its on my agenda.
combat wombat™
AG
I want to try your method.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.