Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Mammoth beef ribs - no smoker

2,068 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HTownAg98
baldandbeautiful
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I was given a big pack of frozen beef ribs. It looks like there's 4 or 5 ribs in the huge hunk of meat. Any tips on cooking them? I don't have a smoker, so that's not an option.
SpiderDude
AG
Sous vide in your bathtub.
JCA1
AG
I would butcher them down to individual ribs and then braise with red wine.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Buy a smoker. Problem solved.
DiskoTroop
Yeah Chianti braised short ribs with carrots, potato and parsnips over polenta. Sounds good to me.
80sGeorge
AG
They are darn good slow roasted with a bbq type seasoning of your preference.

Braised would be great too. They have such wonderful, rich, beefy flavor that I'd personally take it easy on Chianti in the braise. Prob wouldn't turn it down tho
Bruce Almighty
AG
This recipe for short ribs is really good. You can probably sub the beef ribs, but I don't know about any differences in cooking time.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2019/12/red-wine-braised-beef-short-ribs-recipe.html
HTownAg98
80sGeorge said:

They are darn good slow roasted with a bbq type seasoning of your preference.

Braised would be great too. They have such wonderful, rich, beefy flavor that I'd personally take it easy on Chianti in the braise. Prob wouldn't turn it down tho

Slow roasting is what I'd do. Once there about halfway done, I'd start glazing them with a veal stock/red wine reduction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.