Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best Frozen Pizzas

4,096 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CDub06
Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is your favorite frozen pizzas?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Totinos
austinag1997
AG
I feel like its groundhog day. I think this came up recently... maybe on another board.

Totinos. Why did they start making them square shaped?
AggieAdvisor16
AG
I like California Pizza Kitchen. I'm a relatively healthy eater so these work for me. Good protein to calorie ratio and the whole thing is around 1,000 calories (depending on which flavor you get). Sicilian is my favorite and bbq chicken is good. They are a little pricier than some other options though.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Yeah we did this a couple of weeks ago. Screamin' Sicilian is the correct answer.
MichaelJ
AG
Barstool sports insta - Dave portnoy gives a daily review
Tanya 93
Red Baron
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Kirkland
HTownAg98
Costco used to make a Chicago style deep dish pizza that was amazingly good. We went to get another the next week and they weren't getting anymore. That was 7 years ago, and I still haven't seen them.
ftworthag02
AG
The H-E-B rising crust was pretty damn good.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Portnoy killed my diet and I've been trying all sorts of different ones during this **** storm.

I definitely agree with him that Amy's and Newman's Own are surprisingly good. Screaming Sicillian is definitely not bad, but not my favorite. They do have great toppings.

I've always liked tombstone, Home run inn and totinos.

Absolute worst ever: anything Digiorno. Freschetta also sucks. Rising crust frozen pizzas are gross.

There's one I want to try at HEB called Bola or something. I think made in Austin.. they look good. Slightly pricy for frozen IIRC, so they better be good.

I've had more frozen pizza in 2 months than the past decade. I hate myself. But Portnoy is ultra entertaining in his pizza reviews for an otherwise ******y northeasterner
wadd96
AG
Screaming Sicilian for me.

The wife likes the HEB Thin Crust pepperoni.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Btron
AG
Quote:

There's one I want to try at HEB called Bola or something. I think made in Austin.. they look good. Slightly pricy for frozen IIRC, so they better be good.

You are correct. These are the best frozen pizzas I've ever had. I live in Austin so these might be an Austin only thing. So consider us the lucky ones
DiskoTroop
The Bola's are really good but for $12 I can get a hot fresh pizza delivered to my door from one of the major chains. Or for a couple of dollars more get a real pizza from a pizzaria.
Bruce Almighty
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

The Bola's are really good but for $12 I can get a hot fresh pizza delivered to my door from one of the major chains. Or for a couple of dollars more get a real pizza from a pizzaria.

This my problem with frozen pizza. Even the best ones are inferior to Little Caesars, which I can get for 5 bucks on the way home from the store.
MW03
AG

DiskoTroop
Home run inn looks so good. Haven't tried it yet
HTownAg98
My problem with frozen pizza is that I hate turning on the oven from about June thru September. I also have a couple places around me that make great pizza and will deliver.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Check with your favorite Italian restaurant and see if they offer take 'n bake pizza. I get mine from a restaurant in Galveston. Fresh pizza hot out of the oven.
MW03
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

Home run inn looks so good. Haven't tried it yet
Home Run is the best. The crust is different. It'd kind of flaky and crunchy. If you've ever had their pizza in Chicago at the airport, it's very similar. We're huge fans in my house.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So an overpriced Totinos
wessimo
AG
If you like Napoletana style pies these are great:

austinag1997
AG
HTownAg98 said:

My problem with frozen pizza is that I hate turning on the oven from about June thru September. I also have a couple places around me that make great pizza and will deliver.

A Proline vent hood fixes that problem.
MW03
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

So an overpriced Totinos

Torino's is an Italian tostada.
expresswrittenconsent
Home Run Inn is the only one that looks the same frozen out of the box as it does when you take it out of the oven. Its a little weird that the cheese and toppings are already melted onto the dough when frozen.
Rexter
As I posted in the previous thread.......

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I get giddy when I can make my Totinos. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Slightly overcooked. Love it.
AgHawkeye
AG
First... I understand this is not the best pizza.

Second... Tombstone 4 meat pizza is like crack!!
CDub06
AG
ftworthag02 said:

The H-E-B rising crust was pretty damn good.

This. Had a few of these during quarantine and now I keep them on hand just in case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.