Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

78,245 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Irish 2.0
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got directed here from the gb.

Smoked an asylum 13 tonight. Very nice and relaxing smoke. No nasty aftertaste or oppressive smell on my clothes.

Any other suggestions? Maybe a thinner cigar that is a quicker smoke.

Thank and going to do some catch-up reading on this thread.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Thank you.

It was only a $10 cigar but was really good. I've smoked several before that tasted like ashtray and made smell like a 5 pack a day old cat lady.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Found a nice little cigar

Acid blonde.

Finally through the thread. I am thinking my choices are not up to par. Y'all are mansion and I'm renting a 2 bed 25 year old trailer.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Thank you, Sir.
strohag
AG
Go to a reputable cigar shop and tell them what you have enjoyed so far. You will get solid recommendations to branch out. It's almost like wine and whiskey. You start light and then you come to enjoy bolder tastes over time.
Texaggie7nine
Such a smooth stick
7nine
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
clinto
Any good cigar shops in Bryan college station? I'll be in town for the Alabama game, it'll be my first time coming back since about 2010 and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully celebrate a big win with a good smoke.
Texaggie7nine
I usually hit up Cavalier on University or one of the Specs before tailgating if I need some sticks.
7nine
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I've gone to the Velvet Leaf Cigar Lounge in downtown Bryan. There's several of my favorite places down there so it's a nice treat to go buy one.
Texaggie7nine
Outside watching college football. Nice to be back.
7nine
Daddy-O5
AG
Pretty amateur when it comes to cigars , but I've got a lot of experience with cheap ones. This is about as good a 6-7 dollar cigar as I've had. Order them by the box every so often.
bbry81
Flat 660
maddiedou
AG
Bump

Because i have been hoarding cigars since January and January 1 or so i am gonna take a picture of my stash that has been in the humidor for 12 -4months
Texaggie7nine
Stros and sticks
7nine
Moxie
AG
I'll get more active in here since I have been smoking twice a week or so. Recent cigars:

Broncos
For a cheap cigar, don kiki green label is really good.
Moxie
AG
Had another Bocock Brothers habano last night. Really smooth, awesome cigar.
maddiedou
AG
Nacho Thigh Juice said:

Found a nice little cigar

Acid blonde.

Finally through the thread. I am thinking my choices are not up to par. Y'all are mansion and I'm renting a 2 bed 25 year old trailer.

Nacho if you like the acid get one of their sampler pack and you can try about 13 I believe is the pack

I started on acids and really loved the 1400 cc. Also try some of their coffe infused but they are addicting
5StarShield
AG
Oliva V and some Angels Envy this evening. Go Astros!
DonaldFDraper
AG
Not as good of a deal as the previous Oliva one but good way to restock for guests and get yourself a couple V's and MasterBlends.

https://www.cigarpage.com/oliva-ultimate-8-cigar-collection-cutter.html
Texaggie7nine
Decent deal.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Trying with some hearty red wine before steaks

7nine
maddiedou
AG
Dont matter what your drinking that is always a good cigar

Old Sarge
AG
After many years, I have found that my go to rotation seems to be a steady diet of Drew Estate Papas Fritas and Rocky Patel Sun Grown Maduros.

I do have others I try, as always on the lookout for new stuff, but those two above are just too darn easy to grab from the humidor because they are so consistently good. I do like the DE Dirty Rats, but they seem to be like smoking two Papas Fritas at a slightly higher combined cost that having two Fritas. I don't care for any other RP other than the Sun Grown Maduro, but they are to me, much better than any other offering they have.
JFrench
AG
Smoking the RP right now. First 3rd is tight. Otherwise great. Like the box pressed shape.. The 15th Anniversary I really enjoy too. Not fan of much else
maddiedou
AG
maddiedou said:

Texaggie7nine said:

It all depends on how long you want to store cigars before smoking them. If you can keep it to under 2 weeks of buying them from a shop, a baggie can do ok. As mentioned above, an airtight plastic container like Tupperware with a humidifying agent like a Boveda humidity pack will do just as good as a humidifier. And much less risky if you also put a humidity sensor in there with it to keep tabs so it never gets out of whack.

One thing to keep in mind is if you are going to order stogies online as I mostly do, a lot of times they will not come in in top moisture condition, and throwing them into a humidifier for 2 weeks before smoking can do a lot of good.

I have started this year of buying all my cigars and putting them in the bottom and I will move them up in january 2022
And then buy for 2023 I have spending problems because freaking CI has some good deals but I think I am done for the year buying that is

Well as I promised here is what I have been collecting since january 1 and I know I am posting early but I am about to get busy. Happy New year smoking 2022
Brian DeSpain
Friday night at a friends house We sat outside and had a Padron 90 Anniversary Maduro. One of the guys who is a cigar guy had never had one. He said it was the best cigar he has ever had. I agree, it is the best I have ever smoked.
Old Sarge
AG
Heads up on a Drew Estate that has been out there for a while, but I have never been tempted until I ran across it and got one on a whim at Specs. Drew Estate Nica Rustica. No complexity here and very little flavor profile change. Just full flavor from light till about 1/3 left. Spicy, with some sweetness throughout. Relatively inexpensive at $5.50-6.75/stick depending on name/type, but pairs great with a Mexican beer, dressed. Like really good with that pairing.

I am typically a DE fan in the Unico Serie, but this lesser priced stick has gained my interest. Smoked 3 so far in a couple of sizes and all were good. Got my BIL one as an add on "lets smoke a couple of these to gage it" and he was surprised when I told him the cost.

Give it a try.
Green is the new RED.
Texaggie7nine
Bump
7nine
maddiedou
AG
Bump because I dont get alerts anymore because I guess by not posting just lurking
5StarShield
AG
Any recommendations for a non-Cuban cigar to order a box of for a guys weekend? Something higher end and worth the $?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.