Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

78,254 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Irish 2.0
AgInSingapore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Nicaragua this evening and a pour of Belle Meade Reserve to close out the first Monday of 2021.
Post removed:
by user
CoachKeezy987
Flathead 660 with a bottle of Becker Malbec while throwing a prime ribeye on the grill and Saints-Bucs on the tv out on the patio
AustinCountyAg
cigar newb here. I enjoy them on occasion, but I have no interest in buying a humidor. Do they have to be stored in one? Or is their a certain kind of cigar that does better stored in the open, or in plastic wrapper, etc?
Brian DeSpain
Get a Tupperware with the locking device on the ends and sides. Put a 69 or 70 large Boveda pack in it and you are good.
Texaggie7nine
It all depends on how long you want to store cigars before smoking them. If you can keep it to under 2 weeks of buying them from a shop, a baggie can do ok. As mentioned above, an airtight plastic container like Tupperware with a humidifying agent like a Boveda humidity pack will do just as good as a humidifier. And much less risky if you also put a humidity sensor in there with it to keep tabs so it never gets out of whack.

One thing to keep in mind is if you are going to order stogies online as I mostly do, a lot of times they will not come in in top moisture condition, and throwing them into a humidifier for 2 weeks before smoking can do a lot of good.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Macanudo cafe Corona.
It's not a ton of flavor but so smooth and light.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
R&J 1875 by the fire with JD gold

7nine
maddiedou
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

It all depends on how long you want to store cigars before smoking them. If you can keep it to under 2 weeks of buying them from a shop, a baggie can do ok. As mentioned above, an airtight plastic container like Tupperware with a humidifying agent like a Boveda humidity pack will do just as good as a humidifier. And much less risky if you also put a humidity sensor in there with it to keep tabs so it never gets out of whack.

One thing to keep in mind is if you are going to order stogies online as I mostly do, a lot of times they will not come in in top moisture condition, and throwing them into a humidifier for 2 weeks before smoking can do a lot of good.

I have started this year of buying all my cigars and putting them in the bottom and I will move them up in january 2022
And then buy for 2023 I have spending problems because freaking CI has some good deals but I think I am done for the year buying that is
maddiedou
Texaggie7nine
Lit the Gurkha 21 year aged Cellar Reserve I got in my xmas cigar sticking stuffer pack.

Super smooth. You can tell the aging. Not a lot of complexity so far. The Conneticut wrapper keeps it super mellow. Paired it with The Irishman rum cask finished Irish whiskey. Not sure if it's worth the $15 or so price tag for a stick but it's damn good.

7nine
5StarShield
AG
Trying an Ave Maria Immaculatas with Buffalo Trace. Need to get some better whiskey ice.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
Couple of places have opened recently locally.

Velvet Leaf Cigar Lounge in downtown Bryan. Their website says for a monthly membership you can rent a liquor locker and get the code to the door for 24 hour access.

The Brown Water Cigar Bar in downtown Brenham is a full on bar serving pairings that go well with the selections from their humidor.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
5StarShield
AG

Tried an Acid Kuba Kuba this evening with some Bulleit whiskey. It was the #1 seller at Total Wine so i thought I'd try it out. Didn't know it was infused until I started and it is definitely a sweet cigar. I enjoyed the smoke but not sure what to think of the infused flavor - reminded me of swisher sweets.
maddiedou
AG
I joined cigar international for the monthly cigars for 29.99 a month they send two each and here is this months cigars
maddiedou
Texaggie7nine
Ya not a fan of acid for that reason. I don't want a desert.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Gettin Nubby with it
7nine
JFrench
AG
Been crawling around attic for two days fixing busted pipes. Think I got it done so lit up a padron 64.

Keep humidor in AC/heated garage room. First night i lost power humidor was at 43F and 50%ish humidity. Also had big shipment from cbid delayed from Tuesday to Friday. Only 4-5 were visually damaged.

craig09
AG
New to cigars, wanted to get some varied input on why you guys prefer guillotine, v cut, or punch cutters. What makes your preferred method better in your opinion?
maddiedou
AG
None of the above. I waller it around in my mouth for about 20 minutes and the end cap falls off

maddiedou
craig09
AG
So I stopped by the Cigars International store by my work in Fort Worth / Keller on my way home today. I've only smoked maybe 5 cigars in my life and I don't even know what they were to be honest. My wife and I were talking about cigars the other day and she said I should get some so of course I didn't want to let her down. I picked up a few sticks to get started, let me know how I did.

2 - Drew Estate CI exclusive Legends
1 - Drew Estate Tabak Especial cafe con leche
2 - Foundation Charter Oak
1 - Room101 Doomsayer Habano
1 - CAO Flathead660 per many recommendations on this board

Looking to start with one of the Drew Estate Legends this weekend as a re-introduction into cigars as this is probably the most mild of the bunch. I'll report back after of course.
Texaggie7nine
craig09 said:

New to cigars, wanted to get some varied input on why you guys prefer guillotine, v cut, or punch cutters. What makes your preferred method better in your opinion?

Try em all, see which you prefer.
7nine
maddiedou
AG
Well I am glad you did not get the 770. This cigar must be called the monica.

I bought a box It is a damn pretty box. Actually it is an impressive box for cigars to be packaged
maddiedou
craig09
AG
I saw the 770. That thing looks like a cartoon cigar. It could double as a claw hammer handle.
maddiedou
AG
Yep. Good choice not buying I was an hour in and still had a bout 3/8 to go That is way to many beers to smoke a cigar but I am sure because I have a terrible memory now that I will post a picture after they have set for a year when I start to smoke one next year And hoepfully I will not use the same joke
maddiedou
Texaggie7nine
Vegas De Santiago Magnifico out of Costa Rica

Courtesy of El Che
Quite robust yet smooth dark nutty notes.
Goes well with a highland scotch
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Great day for patio bars
MOCO9
AG
CAO Flathead 660 highly recommend
Texaggie7nine
Indeed. I've already ran through my 10 pack I got from cigarbid a few months ago.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Probably averaged around 2 hour of semi-active smoking. Great for game watching or tailgating.

Usually I would stretch it into 2 or 3 smoking sessions in a day or two.
7nine
Brian DeSpain
Really really good cigar!!
bbry81
End of a long soccer season. Not sure how to post picture direct.
https://ibb.co/3YLXmjt
Texaggie7nine
Debonaire ultra premium
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Padilla 1932
Padilla is a brand I need to try more of.

7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.