Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

78,246 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Irish 2.0
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Next up:

Texaggie7nine
Night cap
7nine
AggieChemist
AG
I got a big sampler of Diesel cigars and I'm really impressed with the construction, burn, and flavor for something like $4 a stick.
Texaggie7nine

7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
Had my favorite "La Aroma de Cuba - Robusto" last night with some Crown. Picked up an Oliva Connecticut yesterday at Total Wine Baybrook after seeing the pic on this thread. Will report back when I get a chance to light it up.
True Anomaly
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

That Nadurra is nice- almost more like an American whiskey rather than a Scotch
Texaggie7nine
Indeed, we usually grab a bottle or two in the duty free flying out of Europe back home. Save about $20 a bottle.
7nine
CoachLB
I spent the week in Destin (May 30- June 6). They have a great cigar shop Harbor Cigars. I always buy there when in Destin and order from there when I am home. This week I picked up Padron 1964 Anniversary Imperial, exclusivo, Diplomatico, , Hermoso, TAA special release toro and a Padron Black. Also a Flathead 660, and some Auturo Fuente Hemingway classics. We had great weather, clear water, great food, and some great cigars. Great week.
Ragoo
AG
Sounds badass
CoachLB
Thanks! It was a great week. My wife is a Superintendent of Schools. This virus stuff has kept her going 7 days a week 16 hours a day since the shutdown. Much needed week to relax.
Ragoo
AG
What district? My wife teaches in cy-fair ISD.
CoachLB
At a 4A school district in southeast Texas.
MW03
AG
Buddy is getting married. I'm looking to get him a nice cigar to enjoy the night before while we're all together. I couldn't tell you what he likes or anything that might actually be helpful, but I do know he enjoys them. Any advice on something I could find in DFW would very appreciated.
Texaggie7nine
You can rarely go wrong with a Padron. Look for the boxes that the cigars are not in wrappers. I think the 50 year anniversary may run you around $25+ for a single, but that's if you want to go all out. The Padron 1964's are very nice as well and will run closer to $17-20
7nine
CoachLB
Cannot go wrong with a Padron! Best non-Cuban cigar I have ever smoked. And better than a lot of Cubans!
MW03
AG
thanks, fellas!
K Bo
AG
nm
Texaggie7nine
MMM, looks good. What you smokin with it?
7nine
K Bo
AG
Haha, wrong thread!

To add some content to this thread, my go-to(mostly when golfing) is a Diamond Crown robusto no 4. I've read and heard some mixed reviews on them but I really like them as an outdoor, warmer weather smoke.
CFTXAG10
AG
Felt too good outside not to light it up. Oliva Connecticut and some Crown. This is really smooth and enjoyable.
Texaggie7nine
It is indeed. I'm enjoying another RP 99 conneticut with some Proper 12 right now
7nine
CoachLB
Nice cooler day today. So I sat outside and smoked a Padron Black. Good cigar. But I like the Padron 1964 Anniversary better.
Bunk Moreland
I'm into Nicaraguan sticks. Drew Estate is my favorite brand and their Liga Provada no. 9 and t52 are 2 of my favorite sticks.

Also a big fan of San Cristobal Monumento's
Texaggie7nine
I love the Liga sticks. Such oily wrapper goodness.

Trying out my first Gurkha Master Selects with Jameson. I've had other Gurkhas, like the Titan and they have always been solid. This select is way more mild than I expected. Very nice though. Probably my fav of Gurkha now.
7nine
ham98
Bunk Moreland said:

I'm into Nicaraguan sticks. Drew Estate is my favorite brand and their Liga Provada no. 9 and t52 are 2 of my favorite sticks.

Also a big fan of San Cristobal Monumento's
T52 double corona is the best of the liga lines imo
AggieChemist
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Picked up another suggestion from this thread earlier today. A flathead 660 at some hole in the wall cigar shop. Will report back.
CoachLB
Enjoy! I know people have different taste. But I really like the flathead 660! It has the dark flavors I enjoy like a Padron Maduro.
BlackLab
AG
Enjoyed some Ashton 898s recently.
Seabreeze
(Humble brag Alert) Me getting lit at the home of Bert van Kol owner/founder of Vivaldi Cigars in the Dominican.
http://vivaldicigars.com/shop/?product_count=30&product_order=desc
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

Buddy is getting married. I'm looking to get him a nice cigar to enjoy the night before while we're all together. I couldn't tell you what he likes or anything that might actually be helpful, but I do know he enjoys them. Any advice on something I could find in DFW would very appreciated.

Follow up to this. Went into a store and spent about 30 mins with the owner. Looked at the Padron 1964, but ended up with a mix. Groom is getting an Atabey Duendes. The rest of the group will choose between a Principle KBF limited and a Principle KBF accomplice (white label). No idea how I did, but I appreciated the time the owner spent with me and his information.

How'd I do?
CoachLB
You did well because you did something nice for your friend. And you took time with the cigar shop owner. Everyone has different tastes and likes. Do not sweat it. You did everything the right way. If you ever buy for me, get the Padrons!
Texaggie7nine
I'm sure they are amazing from what I've heard. Never had either of them.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Thanks for the heads up from ElChe heres a great deal on an Oliva sampler with a travel case and torch for over half off.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14135378-oliva-robusto-10-cigar-combo-sampler-30-thompson-cigars?attrsrc=Test%3AElasticsearchIntegration%3AElasticsearch_rev3&src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Be sure to use the promo code TCAF25
7nine
ElCheAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.