Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Tortilla press?

2,115 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RK
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking on Amazon the reviews are all over the place. Willing to spend money to get one from the USA.

Would like to make tortillas and keto flatbreads and stuff like that. Nothing crazy.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Heavy cast iron pan
Tree Hugger
AG
Just go to La Michoacana or other Mexican market and pick one up on the cheap.
FIDO*98*
AG
Keto is the biggest culinary ass whip of the last decade
Walter Kovacs
AG
My family has a few different ones and they all function the same. We just pick up the basic cast aluminum ones in Mexico. Steel, aluminum, painted, bare, it doesn't really matter because we still use folded wax paper between the top and bottom. Corn tortillas only though. Flour gets the rolling pin.
TXAG 05
AG
FIDO*98* said:

What do you mean by that?
Max Power
AG
Pretty much any cast iron one will do. It's a simple tool made of a couple of plates, a lever, and two hinges. If you want to be fancy you can get a wooden one.
FIDO*98*
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

FIDO*98* said:

Fat people eating bacon stuffed cheese wrapped with bacon and calling it healthy
TXAG 05
AG
Gotcha. Stuff like that never made sense to me.
Larry S Ross
AG
Rip a gallon plastic baggie down each side. Open up and place masa ball on one side of baggie. Fold over the other side to cover masa. Grab a glass pie plate and press. You can see easily the size and thickness of you tortilla. Don buy anything.
Good Day.
AlaskanAg99
AG
My dad has a shop in Katy and has made several out of hard maple for a local taco truck (2 trucks).

I can ask him how much he charged.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Tortilla Press

Ea is $81 +tax and shipping
aTm '99
amanda04
AG
Quote:

Rip a gallon plastic baggie down each side. Open up and place masa ball on one side of baggie. Fold over the other side to cover masa. Grab a glass pie plate and press. You can see easily the size and thickness of you tortilla. Don buy anything.

We started making tortillas recently and did this exact same method. Worked like a charm.
AgsMnn
AG
Now, what is a good recipe for these tortillas?
austinag1997
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Cstrickland05 said:

FIDO*98* said:

Fat people eating bacon stuffed cheese wrapped with bacon and calling it healthy

That isnt the right way to do keto. Sure, you may lose weight, but at what expense?
Joe Exotic
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Cstrickland05 said:

FIDO*98* said:

I find that much less odd or disturbing than people purposely avoiding meat or even adding chemicals and processing vegetable matter in an effort to make a fake burger with it.
Max06
AG
FIDO*98*
AG
Joe Exotic said:

I find that much less odd or disturbing than people purposely avoiding meat or even adding chemicals and processing vegetable matter in an effort to make a fake burger with it.

Any time someone uses the word "Chemicals" in that context, it's pretty obvious that person has no clue what they're talking about it. Every food you eat is made entirely of chemicals.

That said, I don't think fake meat is a good choice for someone trying to eat healthy. That market is being driven by animal cruelty and environmental factors.
RK
AG
Shut up and post a tortilla recipe, hippie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.