Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Jason's Deli

2,325 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by '03ag
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I go to Jason's Deli about every other week. I like their salad bar. Does anyone have a guess as to how salad bars will work in the future, if they will even exist in our new world?
JYDog90
AG
I was wondering this too.

Sweet Tomatoes announced they were closing all their stores. I'm wondering if this will kill salad bars.

Another thing I'm wondering is if Mexican restaurants will stop with chips. They've been a bane to their existence for a long time.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Tree Hugger
AG
All I know is when we eat at Jason's, I can't sit where I can see the salad bar. I spend to much time providing commentary to my table and resisting the urge to scream "You're not fooling anyone you know!!" when a large person puts a little bit of iceberg lettuce in a bowl and then tops it off with a pound of cheese and a quart of ranch dressing.

Of course, all of this is going down while I gorge on a reuben that has entirely too much meat and is dripping with cheese and dressing.
SW AG80
AG
I don't see how salad bars can survive either. Lots of things will change in the food business. I ate at a sandwich place last week. The drink and ice dispenser were gone but the large containers of sweet and un-sweet tea were still there to use. That did not make sense to me. But these places are still working through this.
mazag08
AG
Best salad bar is Taste of Texas.
Bulldog73
AG
Too much meat? Must be a commie.
TXAG 05
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Too much meat? Must be a commie.

Agreed. No such thing as too much meat
MichaelJ
AG
What about - gasp - the Chinese buffet?

schmendeler
AG
i get emails from fogo de chao and they indicated that they will have a server get you your items from their salad bar, i guess as a way to limit the amount of people in contact with the food and utensils.
MichaelJ
AG
schmendeler said:

i get emails from fogo de chao and they indicated that they will have a server get you your items from their salad bar, i guess as a way to limit the amount of people in contact with the food and utensils.

The GM and owners of Fogo de Chao laugh maniacally while counting their money as they watch people go to the salad bar
SpiderDude
AG
MichaelJ said:

schmendeler said:

The GM and owners of Fogo de Chao laugh maniacally while counting their money as they watch people go to the salad bar

Yep. I fast for 48 hours prior to going in and nothing touches my plate that didn't get cut off a prime Brazilian steer.
'03ag
MichaelJ said:

was thinking about this and pizza buffets. Their only hope is to eliminate self service. Someone will have to carry your plate and serve from behind the warmer.
MichaelJ
AG
'03ag said:

MichaelJ said:

was thinking about this and pizza buffets. Their only hope is to eliminate self service. Someone will have to carry your plate and serve from behind the warmer.

Sooooo - panchos?

JYDog90
AG
'03ag said:

MichaelJ said:

That'll ruin it for me. I don't want the help judging me, questioning how many pickled okras does one man need. Or "don't you think that 11 pieces of thin pepperoni and jalapeo pizza is enough, Mr Wonka?"
Formerly Willy Wonka
'03ag
Damn I need some sopapillas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.