Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Double Oven Ranges

1,746 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RK
MichaelJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying a house next week - the house comes with a double oven range. Curious if any of you have experience cooking with these? Pros/Cons?
MaroonDynasty
Turkey on the lower part closer to the ground means you have to get low.

Positive is most stuff you put in the oven can be put in the upper smaller part
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Are we talking about a standard 30" range where the storage drawer is removed for a smaller, second oven, or are we talking about a 48-60" range like a Wolf or Thermador?
MichaelJ
AG
The first one
RK
AG
I had those in our old house. Thought they were great. Used the smaller Upr oven the majority of the time.
Max06
AG
Ditto on using the top oven 90% of the time. But it was also amazing to have during holiday baking and I could have two ovens going at the same time.

Next house is definitely going to have double ovens.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
My parents have had one for about 5 years now, and my mom (primary cook) enjoys it. Like most have said, a pro is the smaller oven having a quicker preheat time and using less energy to stay heated, thus not heating the house up as much.The only con I've heard is having to find a more cabinet space if you used that warming drawer to store anything.
GeorgiAg
AG
If you have a small batch of meth to cook, the smaller, upper oven is nice
JHUAggie
Have one and will never go back to a single oven.

1. Half the baking time when making cookies, etc since you can use both ovens.
2. Can bake two different things at different temps at the same time.
3. Great for holiday/big meals like Thanksgiving and Christmas. More oven space.

62strat
AG
msechelski said:

My parents have had one for about 5 years now, and my mom (primary cook) enjoys it. Like most have said, a pro is the smaller oven having a quicker preheat time and using less energy to stay heated, thus not heating the house up as much.The only con I've heard is having to find a more cabinet space if you used that warming drawer to store anything.
I've never come across one where the smaller upper portion preheats quicker than a standard size. And this is me asking several people in our neighborhood who have them to time it, and timing ours.
You'd think it would be quicker, but it's not.
RK
AG
ours was an LG. the upr over 100% heater faster than the lwr. for whatever that few minutes saves...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.