Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ribs help

2,265 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HtownAg92
mustang90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey y'all, just need some help. All I have is a charcoal grill and I want to grill ribs. I read indirect heat on each side for 30 min and then direct heat for 30-40. I'm making baby back. Is this the best way?
My dad has passed and he made the best and wish I would have paid attention. I don't try because I always thought you have to have a smoker, and a little scared I'm gonna screw up. Lol! . Any help would be appreciated. Heading to HEB shortly!!
aggie90
Cassius
Depends on the cooking temperature. I cook until a toothpick slides in between bones with no resistance. I usually cook at 250 and check them after a couple of hours periodically until done.

Some folks use 3 2 1 method. You can look that up for details.
JCA1
AG
Wrap in foil and throw in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Let rest then grill to desired char.
TxSquarebody
Keep in indirect 275 for two hours. Lightly sauce and wrap in foil. Back on indirect for another hour. Enjoy!
HTownAg98
https://amazingribs.com/best-barbecue-ribs-recipe
Bruce Almighty
AG
If you're inexperienced, cook them in the oven and finish on the grill. Season ribs, wrap in foil and cook at 250 for two hours. Take out of foil and continue cooking meat side up until a toothpick goes easily into the meat, about another hour. Sauce ribs if using and finish on grill about 10 minutes.
mustang90
I appreciate the help!!
aggie90
MichaelJ
AG
# 1 rule of bbq is you're going to screw up a lot
BurnetAggie99

Author Aaron Franklin
Ingredients
2 Racks Pork Ribs find the freshest you can find... it matters!

Rub
4 T Coarse Grind Pepper - a step below cracked pepper - this part is key
2 T Coarse Sea Salt
Spritz for Ribs
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Water

Instructions
Heat your smoker to 275 F
Trim any excess fat off your ribs. Do not remove any membranes on the back of the ribs.
Mix the rub and shake it on the ribs on both sides evenly until you have a nice texture forming. See pictures.
Smoke for 3 hours - spritzing with a mixture of 25% Apple Cider Vinegar and 75% Water every 45 minutes

Coat with a few tablespoons of Franklin BBQ Sauce on each side and Wrap the ribs meat side down or Choose your favorite BBQ sauce. Because the ribs have quite a bit of salt and pepper on them, I think a sweet sauce pairs the best.

Smoke for 2 Hours.
Rest for 20-30 minutes in foil or butcher paper, cut and serve.
HtownAg92
AG
mustang90 said:

Hey y'all, just need some help. All I have is a charcoal grill and I want to grill ribs. I read indirect heat on each side for 30 min and then direct heat for 30-40. I'm making baby back. Is this the best way?
My dad has passed and he made the best and wish I would have paid attention. I don't try because I always thought you have to have a smoker, and a little scared I'm gonna screw up. Lol! . Any help would be appreciated. Heading to HEB shortly!!
Some of y'all are giving him techniques for full spares, which would be overkill (and probably overcook). I agree with the oven + char finish for baby backs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.