Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Juanitas Tortilla Chips

4,976 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag_07
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since moving back to Texas, we have struggled to find Juanita's tortilla chips in any grocery stores. We've been able to find some of the flavored varieties, but not the standard tortilla chips. Has anyone had these and if so can you tell me where you bought them?

I'm in Fort Worth area, but we have looked in stores in Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and Parker counties.
mustang90
They have them at HEB Hudson Oaks. Off 20 between Aledo and Weatherford
aggie90
RK
AG
If your heb has the big bags of fresh chips in the bakery area, those things are hard to beat.

...but no help on the original question.
army01
AG
mustang90 said:

They have them at HEB Hudson Oaks. Off 20 between Aledo and Weatherford
Seriously? I didn't see them last week I'll have to look again. Thanks!
SpiderDude
AG
RK said:

If your heb has the big bags of fresh chips in the bakery area, those things are hard to beat.

This. They are the closest thing to authentic Mexican restaurant style chips I've ever purchased. Actually, I would say they ARE essentially restaurant style chips (thin, crispy, crack infused). I usually get the sea salt ones. Warning... they are addictive... presumably due to said crack infusion.

Edit: pro tip... ...if you have an air fryer throw them in there 1-2 min before serving and they'll come out sizzling hot and exuding crack oil.
HTownAg98
They used to be better when they were thicker because they were an awesome chip dip. They're still really good.
FarmerJohn
AG
El Milagro. The thick cut style. We literally refer to them as "Crack Chips" in my house.
mavsfan4ever
AG
SpiderDude said:

RK said:

This. They are the closest thing to authentic Mexican restaurant style chips I've ever purchased. Actually, I would say they ARE essentially restaurant style chips (thin, crispy, crack infused). I usually get the sea salt ones. Warning... they are addictive... presumably due to said crack infusion.

Edit: pro tip... ...if you have an air fryer throw them in there 1-2 min before serving and they'll come out sizzling hot and exuding crack oil.

This post made me lol. The first paragraph was good but then I lost it when I got to the "exuding crack oil" line.
Jefe07
AG
You can order them through their website. You're welcome. Did it a few times after moving back from AK. Not healthy for me to have that many bags of tortilla chips in my kitchen at a time.

https://www.juanitasfinefoods.com/store/Tortilla-Chips-8-pk-24oz-Fiesta-p79363584

double aught
AG
Dallas Tortilla Factory chips are excellent. Some Krogers sell them (They're usually with the tortillas instead of the other chips). You can also get them at their store on Marsalis.
Texker
AG
DTF corn tortillas are awesome as well.
Ag_07
AG
So if you like Juanitos and you're anywhere close to an El Rancho Supermercado go and grab a bag of their chile seasoned chips.

They're seasoned just like Juanitos, made right there in the store, and they're like $2.50 for a 3 lb bag. They're fantastic
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.