Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Thermometer recommendations

1,693 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DeBoss
BQ92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy

On Christmas I dropped and broke my iGrill thermometer so looking for a replacement to use with my BGE.

Looking for one that has: 2 meat and 1 grill probe, wireless (like watching on my iPhone), durable etc.

gigemags87
AG
I've had good luck with the Maverick probe thermometers. I also hear good things about the Thermaworks Smoke model.

https://amazingribs.com/thermometers/maverick-et-733-redi-check

Edit: I've tried a few app enabled thermometers with little luck. Not great quality - suck battery life, not water tight etc.

jh0400
AG
Thermoworks Smoke. I tried a handful of cheaper alternatives before biting the bullet. I haven't bought the WiFi gateway yet, but I'm sure I will one day,
RK
AG
FireBoard.
RED AG 98
AG
RK said:

FireBoard.
Seconded.
FIDO*98*
AG
jh0400 said:

Thermoworks Smoke. I tried a handful of cheaper alternatives before biting the bullet. I haven't bought the WiFi gateway yet, but I'm sure I will one day,

I have a Smoke. Works great, but, at this point I'd go ahead and get the Signals. WiFi is built in and then you can add the Billows for full control. I got the combo for Christmas after my Stoker finally went to the happy Grilling grounds. It's absolutely money compared to the Stoker and CyberQ
JCA1
AG
I came here for the "rectal" jokes but everyone is actually giving advice. You guys are maturing.
Hwy30East
Thermoworks
BQ92
AG
Thanks all for the recommendations. I went with the Thermoworks Signals. I had to get another Thermapen when I was on the site.
WES2006AG
AG
I have a few products from Thermoworks and they have been great. They also have really good customer service, my Thermapen stopped working and had a replacement in hand 2 days later.
DeBoss
AG
Also try the new Meater+. You can get the 4 pack and they are all completely wireless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.