Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Nice Mexican food restaurants in BCS?

3,015 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RCR06
patr30n
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for something a step-above Casa Rod - any suggestions?

(No dig at Casa Rod, just looking for a new spot)
TxSquarebody
La Caretta for breakfast/lunch
Slicer97
AG
You want nice or good, authentic texmex? El Chico has a great atmosphere and meh food. El Sol has a meh atmosphere and great food.
AgsMnn
AG
For best Mexican food, you have to try the places that look run down but have a lot of cars parked out front.
AggieDad24
El Tio
Pitter Patter
Azeew
Cilantro, in Bryan
aggie_fan13
AG
Best Mex on BCS
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
My wife like's Polly's. It's at the corner of Wellborn and Rock Prairie next to the gas station. I think it's okay, but it's usually always packed.

Yole's is pretty good. It's also connected to a gas station on Wellborn.

La Familia at the corner of Barron and 6, also connected to a gas station, has outstanding breakfast tacos.

Must be something in the gas.
Attoyac
My wife and I worked as Landmen in the CS area. We have eaten TexMex all over Texas including Fonda San Miguel in Austin. Ninfa's on Navigation, Houston. Javier's in Dallas. We tried practically every Mex. restaurant in BC, including several Taquerias. Some county commissioners, from back home in Henderson, told us about this place called Lupe Tortilla. Best Fajita's I've ever had. Best marinade. Best and most moist grilled chicken. Flour tortilla's large, thin, opaque, and hot off the grill every time. Great Pico De Gallo. Grilled Serrano's. Excellent queso. Chop up some Serrano's and add to the Queso. So good, dipped into with a hot flour tortilla.
We ate there once, if not twice a week, it was so incredible. Folks would come in the door, and they would not even have to look at a menu. They'd just say Fajita's, or Fajita's for two.
I wish that I was there right now.
expresswrittenconsent
Attoyac said:

My wife and I worked as Landmen in the CS area. We have eaten TexMex all over Texas including Fonda San Miguel in Austin. Ninfa's on Navigation, Houston. Javier's in Dallas. We tried practically every Mex. restaurant in BC, including several Taquerias. Some county commissioners, from back home in Henderson, told us about this place called Lupe Tortilla. Best Fajita's I've ever had. Best marinade. Best and most moist grilled chicken. Flour tortilla's large, thin, opaque, and hot off the grill every time. Great Pico De Gallo. Grilled Serrano's. Excellent queso. Chop up some Serrano's and add to the Queso. So good, dipped into with a hot flour tortilla.
We ate there once, if not twice a week, it was so incredible. Folks would come in the door, and they would not even have to look at a menu. They'd just say Fajita's, or Fajita's for two.
I wish that I was there right now.

You mean the chain with two dozen locations across the state?
RK
AG
Started as a solid troll. Then lost it. Good effort.
Attoyac
Yes, the chain with two dozen locations. I wish there was a location close to my home. It's all about the Fajitas.
Is there a problem with the number of locations?
expresswrittenconsent
You dont think it is weird to describe a place with 25+ locations as if it were some small town place some random dudes told you about?
As for their food, I think the fajitas are pretty good but you are having a total fail with their giant burrito sized flour tortillas. Corn is the way to go at that spot.
RCR06
AG
I like Lupe tortilla as well, but along with the posters above I thought with how your write up started you were about to tell us about some really good unknown spot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.