Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Snow is coming

1,258 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FIDO*98*
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chili, Chicken Tortilla Soup, or Chicken and Dumplings tomorrow?

I need to know what to defrost overnight so it goes in the crock pot early tomorrow morning.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Does the chili have beans?
Tanya 93
Agasaurus Tex said:

Does the chili have beans?
I plead the 5th
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Don't worry. I'm not anal about no beans in chili. Normally don't add them but sometimes will. However, I am anal about using dried chilies (either ground or soaked) instead of store bought chili powder.
I'd go with the chicken and dumplings because that sounds really good.
toolshed
AG
Chicken and dumplings! I've already made the other two on your list the last couple cold snaps. Chicken and dumplings is next on the list!
Tabasco
AG
The no beans in chili crowd is something I will never understand. I get it that you don't like it, but the ferver about an ingredient always amazes me. Just like the guy on here that absolutely flips out if anyone say "chicken fajitas" (forget who it is) and absolutely loses his sh*t that someone would call fajitas anything other than beef.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Tabasco said:

The no beans in chili crowd is something I will never understand. I get it that you don't like it, but the ferver about an ingredient always amazes me. Just like the guy on here that absolutely flips out if anyone say "chicken fajitas" (forget who it is) and absolutely loses his sh*t that someone would call fajitas anything other than beef.

They were the kids that always colored inside the lines.
FIDO*98*
AG
Think you have them in the right order. Chili freezes well, Tortilla soup pretty good as long as you leave out the tortillas. Chicken and Dumplings is great day of and great as leftovers. Freezes like ass my dude
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.