Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bosch mixer

1,347 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiespartan
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got this today and thought I would do a post since some people had some questions about it when I mentioned it before. This thing is huge. It's 6.5 quarts. The picture below is next to my 7 quart kitchenaid. Some first impressions - the bowl is wider than the kitchenaid and the shape allows you to fill the bowl all the way up (like literally all the way up). One small feature that I really like is that there are suction cups on the bottom, so the machine won't move. I got the all plastic model. When I look to get an additional bowl for this thing, I will probably get the stainless steel bowl that just came out for it.

There are only 5 speed settings for this compared to the 10 that are on my kitchenaid. I think the 5 will be plenty on this thing. There is also a pulse. The plastic on top is two pieces. It has a splatter guard and a piece to insert to full close the top. I appreciate this as there was no splatter guard available for the larger kitchenaid. I've turned it on, and it is a bit loud, but I think my kitchenaid is a little louder.

I've watched a lot of reviews of this mixer and they all say the design keeps you from having to scrape the bowl. Hopefully this is true. I'm going to test it out in a bit and will come back and add some more comments.

Overall, I think this mixer is going to be a workhorse. If you are someone that just bakes here and there, the more stylish kitchenaid is probably what you would want to stick with, but if you bake frequently, this might be good for you. This is supposed to be excellent for bread too. There are several attachments available too. There is a blender, food processor, and slicer/shredder. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll try to answer them as I play with this thing.

Vernada
AG
I've never seen one before. That is a really cool design.
aggiespartan
AG
Just tested it out with some pumpkin bread. Mixed in about half the time of my kitchenaid and didn't have to stop to scrape the bowl.
FIDO*98*
AG
If I had that mixer, I would totally put this sticker on it!

bmc13
AG
nice! looking forward to hearing more
aggiespartan
AG
bmc13 said:

nice! looking forward to hearing more
So far, it's awesome. I don't have to scrape the bowl, and it's super fast. It creams butter and sugar in about 10 seconds. I'm doing a big batch of cookies today, so I'll test out the capacity.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.