Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Outdoor Cooking Gadget List

4,120 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BSD
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's help each other spend some $$$$$!! Post what you got

BGE - Needs no introduction. King of the must have gadgets. I was a bit ahead of the curve and pulled the trigger before some of the newer competitors came out, but, it still holds it own. Pair it up with a temp controller

Blackstone - 36" and 22" Portable. Best thing to have outside since the BGE. Learn to stack an onion and keep a squeeze bottle of 90 proof close by. Bonsai!!

Char Broil Big Easy - Please just stop calling them Air Fryers. Great for Ribs, Wings, and thank God only once a year Turkey. $89 at Buccees right now. Pretty inexpensive toy that you'll find yourself using more than you'd think.

4-Gallon Cajun Fryer - Just no comparison to electric fryers. Burgers on the 'Stone and fries in the grease.....you'll become a Burger snob like me. I can knock out a fish fry for a dozen people in Ten minutes too. Buying the initial oil sucks, but, my fry oil lasts much longer so it saves in the long run. Surprisingly easier to clean than a small electric too. Pro Tip: Get the real one from Buccees. I decided to save $ and get the Academy version, but, the shelf is not as sturdy as I would like. Wish I had got one sooner.

Propane Burner - Gotta have one for Boils and big batches of Chili. Great for Woks and Searing Steaks without smoking out the house too.

Gas Grill - The dinosaur of the outdoors. I think my wife still cooks on ours sometimes.

Wants: Argentine Grill, Pizza Oven, Lonestar Grillz offset smoker.
The Pilot
AG
Have
- Large BGE.

Wants
- Joetisserie for the BGE and eventually a table so I can move it from the nest.
- BGE minimax or maybe Joe Jr
- Blackstone probably coming next year once we move
RK
AG
Big Joe
Blaze built-in griddle
Gas grill
Propane burner
FireBoard w/ controller
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The cyberQ was my best add to my offset and BGE. I want a flat top and to upgrade my offset. Thought about pizza oven forever my get a gas one but for wood wired the egg is just as good.
HTownAg98
22" Weber Kettle with a Slow N Sear. Does almost everything I need.
250,000 btu banjo-head gas burner. I use this for stir-fries with my wok, searing steaks, or boiling gallons of water for my canning pot.
Weber portable gas grill. This little grill does a surprisingly good job for burgers and fajitas when I go camping. Also good for getting a bunch of tortillas heated quickly.
Joe Exotic
AG
Kamado Joe Large
Blaze 25" built in grill
Blaze built in griddle
BSD
AG
Here is what I have so far. We are about to add a new back patio so I'll have some stuff built in.

Smoker:

Table Grill:

Caja China

And an old Weber grill that isn't really worth a pic.
BSD
AG
I really want a portable Blackstone griddle, especially for my son's Cub Scout campout next weekend but my wife thinks I have enough toys.

I think I'll have a griddle custom built to fit in whatever gas grill goes into our new patio. I plan to have a live fire apparatus back there along with the built-in gas grill so may not have space for a separate built-in griddle.
FIDO*98*
AG
Yeah, my wife thinks I have too many too. Just go grab the 22". What's she gonna do get madderer. You'll love it on the campout
BSD
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Yeah, my wife thinks I have too many too. Just go grab the 22". What's she gonna do get madderer. You'll love it on the campout

Great point. Blackstone 36" it is.
TxSquarebody
Damn you all for posting the Blackstone! Should have seen the look I got from the wife when it was suggested as an anniversary gift. Probably because we just picked up a trailer mounted 300 gallon offset last weekend.
GeorgiAg
AG
Edit: I don't own this, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.

Philip J Fry
AG
Pitt Boss Vertical Pellet Smoker.

I've enjoyed the heck out of this thing. Don't have time for my stick burner like I used to, but this lets me cook a good brisket during the week.
RK
AG
BSD said:

FIDO*98* said:

Great point. Blackstone 36" it is.
Vernada
AG
Weber Genesis
22" WSM
36" Blackstone

Plenty more I'd like, but when I got the Blackstone my wife asked what it was replacing.

Nothing Darlin, they all do different things.
FIDO*98*
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Probably because we just picked up a trailer mounted 300 gallon offset last weekend.

Man that's gonna be nice.

Lord knows I've pulled a few all-nighters next to one of those. I remember getting just a couple hours of sleep here and there usually in a chair. Sure is nice when that Sun starts coming up to have 36" of raw steel to cook a nice hot breakfast and keep the Coffee warm in the corner. Really helps to build that energy back up
TxSquarebody
Agreed! Those all nighters are a lot of work, but I sure do enjoy it!
BSD
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Damn you all for posting the Blackstone! Should have seen the look I got from the wife when it was suggested as an anniversary gift. Probably because we just picked up a trailer mounted 300 gallon offset last weekend.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Speaking of smoking meat, I got volunteered to cook briskets for the company Thanksgiving lunch...on a workday. Looks like an all nighter. My production is going to suck that day.
TxSquarebody

Cook surface is 36x72. I have a couple of large cooks to do between now and Christmas. Following that, she'll get a new firebox, double stacked slide out racks, relocated stack, and possibly a new trailer.
BSD
AG
Atta boy!!!!
La Fours
AG
You need someone to drink beer, I mean keep you company, while you cook all night?
bobag87
AG
We used this pizza oven in our outdoor kitchen for the last five years. Pizza done in 90 seconds, great to sear sous vide steaks and other items or just put a good char on veggies. It was a blast to cook with. Dallas Tornado got it. But that means I can get the bigger one for the rebuild.

https://www.fontanaforniusa.com/collections/countertop-pizza-ovens/products/the-margherita-countertop-pizza-oven?variant=7996658647083&campaign=1036853222&content=245287903340&keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkMWBvNrg5QIVCdVkCh2qygDFEAQYASABEgKB6fD_BwE
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

You need someone to drink beer, I mean keep you company, while you cook all night?

Haha. Come on down. You can even drink my beer.
RCR06
AG
Weber genesis
Small offset
Charbroil Akron
Double jet propane burner
Charbroil big easy
gvine07
AG
What all do y'all do in the Char Broil Big Easy? I've never heard of it before this thread.

How's it used differently than a gas grill? When would you use it instead of a BGE? I'm intrigued by it for ribs (my BGE has limited space), but I don't want to get it if that's the only thing I'd use it for.
FIDO*98*
AG
You can use it for Ribs, Thanksgiving Turkey, Pulled Pork, Cuban style roast pork, Beer can chicken, London Broil, Tri-Tip, etc.

I use mine when I'm limited on time, just being lazy, or when I don't want smoke. They're on sale at Academy for $89 right now. If all you did was make Turkey once a year on it, still worth it
Duncan Idaho
Can I get a second on the big easy?

How close to fried are we talking? 80% as good? 50%?
FIDO*98*
AG
Every bit as good and arguably better.
mts6175
AG
BSD said:

Here is what I have so far. We are about to add a new back patio so I'll have some stuff built in.

Smoker:

Table Grill:

Caja China

And an old Weber grill that isn't really worth a pic.
How hard was it to get your hands on the Millscale? Looking into one, but hearing they are severely backed up right now.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Weber Genesis
Kamado Joe Classic II
Gave my offset smoker and charcoal grill to my son.

Not outdoors but got a sous vide cooker today.
gvine07
AG
Let's hope some of these are on sale tomorrow!
BSD
AG
mts6175 said:

BSD said:

Here is what I have so far.

How hard was it to get your hands on the Millscale? Looking into one, but hearing they are severely backed up right now.

I got in on the first run and it was relatively easy. I ordered last November and picked up in May. I talked to Matt last week and he said they are doing another run of 11 or so. You might reach out and see if he can add another.

But I know what you mean, I've been waiting for him to release a camp grill for about a year and he says he hasn't had the time yet. I won't need it anymore if keeps taking this long!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.