Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Fredericksburg Wine Tour?

4,511 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cecil77
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

"higher quality" is a matter of opinion. and Cabernet ain't the top, IMO.
Any opinion is valid of course, but worldwide consensus is that Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir are indeed the top.

I did like some of the North Fork LI stuff, just haven't tasted any Texas as of yet. Nicely done facility and worth a visit.
MW13
AG
What are the best options for lodging for a couple?
cecil77
AG
Wow. So many. Since I'm local I may not be the best source, i.e. haven't stayed in any. But B&Bs, cabins, etc galore.

HTownAg98
We've stayed at August Schmidt guesthouse the first time we went and liked it a lot. The last time we stayed there, we rented The Alcove with another couple and it was great.
austinag1997
AG
Holy crap... nothing like wine snobs arguing over nonsense! You guys crack me up.

I really like Dan's wines. Cabernet made in the Bordeaux style. They are really good, and he is a very approachable guy. I drank so much of his juice, I had to stop because my palate got too lazy. I have a Colos that has been sitting for 4+ years.

mazag08
AG
Maybe I missed it. Who is Dan?

Last time we went we specifically went to Becker and Grape Creek. I'm far from a wine expert, but both had wines that I thought were very high quality, and both had some mehs.
Tumble Weed
bularry said:

Tumble Weed said:

I love uber, but it wasn't quite up to snuff in Fredericksburg yet. Need some more drivers, and I didn't want to get stuck somewhere.
I used it around town and always had really quick service.
Thanks. I will give them another try. Did you venture out to Stonewall via Uber?
HTownAg98
Dan Gatlin, owner of Inwood.
emando2000
AG
@Inwood now
cecil77
AG
With Cathy? or Stacey?

Tell them hi!

emando2000
AG
Cathy helped us and was wonderful! We met Dan and he poured us the Chateau Marie LaRose and the Oentrepid!

Thank you Cecil. The wines were better than most I've had!!!
cecil77
AG
emando2000 said:

Cathy helped us and was wonderful! We met Dan and he poured us the Chateau Marie LaRose and the Oentrepid!

Thank you Cecil. The wines were better than most I've had!!!

Great! I really appreciate your taking the time to stop by. I'm sure you'll have a great trip. IF you happen to drive by and want to say "Howdy" I'm there all day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.