Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Underrated Food Pleasures

19,195 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieBarstool
rooftop18403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Breakfast for dinner, cold pizza, ect. Whats your underrated meal/ food pleasure, I'll start - the midweek pot roast.
Shelton98
AG
Cold catfish.
Mule_lx
AG
Leftover meatloaf into a sandwich.
Tanya 93
Grilled cheese sandwich dipped in ketchup
Fried pickles with honey mustard
pasta topped with fried black olives
ValleyRatAg
AG
sardines in olive oil with saltines and tex pete hot sauce
Potcake
AG
Last nights Tex-Mex nuked in the to-go container where everything is all melted into a delicious mixture.
Ag_07
AG
A well made grilled cheese
HTownAg98
Kraft blue box Mac-n-cheese. I've been known to eat the entire box straight out of the pot.
DiskoTroop
Cold spaghetti or lasagna such that it cuts into chunks and you can fork the whole chunk without it falling apart. Makes my OCD happy.

Also no matter how old I get, Mrs Bairds white powdered donuts will never cease to tickle my fancy.
Tx95Ag
AG
Pecan pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.
Tumble Weed
Oysters on the half shell.

Not much prep, it is what is, and it is hard to beat!

FincAg
AG
Ritz crackers, block of cheddar, and a bag of grapes
FIDO*98*
AG
Pasta Puttanesca - Probably my most consumed Italian dish. Tons of great flavors and comes together in no time. I rarely see it on menus even at Italian restaurants. Very surprising this isn't more popular

Pastitsio - Ultimate Greek food for me. Unlike Puttanesca it takes destroying your kitchen to make so it's about a once a year dish for me. One of my favorite foods of all time. It's usually easy to find at Greek restaurants, but, even so I'd guess the average person has never had it
HTownAg98
FIDO*98* said:

Pasta Puttanesca - Probably my most consumed Italian dish. Tons of great flavors and comes together in no time. I rarely see it on menus even at Italian restaurants. Very surprising this isn't more popular.

Unless your significant other eats it as well, you're not getting any that night, because your breath afterwards could knock over a horse.
FIDO*98*
AG
Been married 18 years bro. The smart money's on me not getting any regardless of what I had for dinner
Vernada
AG
Cheese Puffs.

So much crunch-ish - but then it somehow just vanishes. You can eat those forever and not get full.
ftworthag02
AG
cold fried chicken
FIDO*98*
AG
I like to take a jar of Piquillo peppers, drain them, and then simmer in about a cup of olive oil with a few cloves of garlic at low temp for about 10 mins. I'll let that cool down then scoop them on to some pan toasted Naan with a smear of goat cheese. I can easily kill the entire jar in one sitting although these days I'll usually skip the goat cheese.

Once I've killed off the Peppers, I strain the oil for other uses.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Cinnamon and sugar donuts
Max06
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Kraft blue box Mac-n-cheese. I've been known to eat the entire box straight out of the pot.

Is there any other way?!
Max06
AG
Sharp cheddar or any stinky cheese
Summer sausage
Sleeve of crackers
Hunk of sweet onion

ETA: big tex cinnamon rolls
GIF Reactor
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Been married 18 years bro. The smart money's on me not getting any regardless of what I had for dinner

I really didn't want to star this, but unfortunately after 15 years, I know all too well...
jcbaggie04
AG
Bourbon BellaVitano cheese with club crackers and a few grapes
FIDO*98*
AG
Fried Avocado Tacos are way up there too. Probably my favorite vegan indulgence when I make them with cashew cilantro crema
jcbaggie04
AG
One of my favorite "health" foods is the bacon avocado egg sandwich. It's just comfort food at a ten. Easy egg thinly sliced avocado and crunchy bacon on Texas toast. I'm hungry now just typing about it.
schmendeler
AG
bluebell vanilla topped with Hershey's syrup and then mixed up in the bowl till it's like ice cream soup
95_Aggie
AG
bologna
Slicer97
AG
fried grits

put leftover grits in a loaf pan, let set up in the refrigerator overnight, cut into slices and fry in bacon grease with some eggs
Martin Cash
AG
Sauerkraut
Martin Cash
AG
REAL fried okra. Coated in cornmeal, not flour.
SpiderDude
AG
Allsups burrito or chimichanga.
Larry S Ross
AG
When the urge hits(about 1 a year)fried spam sandwich w white bread and mustard.

Cinnamon toast
Ranch burger. Just take loose hamburger meat crumbles and sprinkle all over 2 pieces of white bread. Bake at 400 until meat is med rare. Fix it up like a regular burger.
Leftover ham and cheese scalloped potatos.
Cancelled
AG
Kraft Man n cheese...the one with the powder, not the velveteeta and spiced with entirely too much Tony's.
HTownAg98
User name checks out.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Fried bologna sandwich. Regular old Oscar Mayer bologna and white bread. Neither are things we keep in the house so it helps fight the urge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.