Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Non stick pans

1,721 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
MichaelJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do you guys clean and maintain your non stick pans?

I have some nice calphalons but They seem to be losing some of their non stickiness and I can't for the life of me get the black burned fat/gook off the sides
Roger That
AG
You treat them as semi-disposable and buy new ones.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Non stick, even the best ones, are not made to last forever as the non stick coating will eventually wear off. That's why I buy cheap ones and replace when needed. Also, you probably need to replace them now because the coating is leeching into your food, which is hazardous to your health.
YouBet
AG
Calphalon is inferior. Go get some Scan pans.
BEaggie08
AG
I am currently using these All Clad Anodized. Love em. They're $48 for the set now, and they were on sale for under $30 last week. At that price I don't have a problem replacing every 18 - 24 months.

Just wipe them out with a paper towel after use to clean, then throw on some soap and water real quick, rinse and dry.
pablof
2nd and 3rd on Scan Pans!
DiskoTroop
For light use my Anolon Advanced pans have done ok. I'm not impressed with them under heavy use though. My two 8" egg pans get used almost daily and they're starting to wear pretty bad after 18 months. But, they're ~$40. I'll just get a new one once the old one wears out.
sanitariex
AG
You preserve your non-sticks by going to ace mart every few years and buying a new one.
Bobcat-Ag
I have been very pleased with this pan. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-Commercial-12-Non-Stick-Restaurant-Fry-Pan/20665943
Bonfire97
AG
These are good nonstick skillets. Just keep all non-stick pans out of the dishwasher and try to avoid overheating when cooking.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-ez4012-wear-ever-12-ever-smooth-ceramiguard-ii-non-stick-fry-pan-with-rivetless-cool-handle/936EZ4012.html
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

They're $48 for the set now, and they were on sale for under $30 last week.
Your link shows $75
expresswrittenconsent
sanitariex said:

You preserve your non-sticks by going to ace mart every few years and buying a new one.

Yep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.