Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

perplexing dominos delivery

1,896 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
last night at almost midnight, dominos tried to deliver food to my house, had my wife's name and our address on the order ticket,, but the thing is, everyone in the house had been asleep for a few hours until the doorbell rang. we didn't order it, and the driver decided it was some sort of glitch and took the food back to the store.

anyone have anything like this happen to them? we've double checked our accounts and credit cards, nothing shows up on them
https://ts.la/eric59704
FIDO*98*
AG
Well, at least DomPizz comes with a warranty
03_Aggie
We had somebody hack our account and send pizza in multiple states. Not sure what time but it could be the same kinda deal.
Troy91
AG
I have had my domino's account hacked before. They tried to deliver pizza to their house in New Jersey.

I recommend changing your password at domino's and removing any credit cards from being saved on their website.

If not a hack, then it was a prank IMO.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Reminds me of this

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/z3hgd2
expresswrittenconsent
Troy91 said:

I have had my domino's account hacked before. They tried to deliver pizza to their house in New Jersey.

I recommend changing your password at domino's and removing any credit cards from being saved on their website.

This seems like the best advice.

If you are worried that your domino's acct was hacked, go change the password. But after you change the password, look at "recent orders". If it was an online order (and your acct was hacked) it should show up as a recent order from yesterday. If it was an old school call-in order (prank) that wouldnt show up as a recent order.
I dont know why someone hacking your acct would send a delivery to you rather than to them. Does your wife teach 12yr old boys or do you have a 12ish year old child? If either of those are true, I would lean towards an old school prank order.
07ag
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Troy91 said:

This seems like the best advice.

If you are worried that your domino's acct was hacked, go change the password. But after you change the password, look at "recent orders". If it was an online order (and your acct was hacked) it should show up as a recent order from yesterday. If it was an old school call-in order (prank) that wouldnt show up as a recent order.
I dont know why someone hacking your acct would send a delivery to you rather than to them. Does your wife teach 12yr old boys or do you have a 12ish year old child? If either of those are true, I would lean towards an old school prank order.
no kids, neither of us are teachers, no orders show up in order history, nothing on cc's looks out of order
TX AG 88
AG
Don't use Domino's, but have a Pizza Hut account. I never register a credit card for them to keep, I just add it each time I place an order. Takes 30 seconds longer, but I just don't trust a restaurant to be up on cyber security.
Brad_97
AG
If you've ordered w them before, they likely typed in phone # wrong and didn't confirm the name and address that came up with the person who called in. Just took the order and sent it your way while the person that called wondered where their pizza was
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Was the pizza already paid for?

If not, thats a prank, order a pizza to someone else's house.
07ag
AG
Brad_97 said:

If you've ordered w them before, they likely typed in phone # wrong and didn't confirm the name and address that came up with the person who called in. Just took the order and sent it your way while the person that called wondered where their pizza was
i'd say this is the most plausible explanation so far. we do order with them a few times a month.
schmendeler
AG
I hope you posted on next door and notified the constable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.