Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Limoncello

8,882 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tumble Weed
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm planning on an everclear sousvide batch soon. Did vodka first and it was excellent. You want the finished product to be around 20% alcohol so as long as you add enough simple syrup to get everclear to that point I'm sure it would be good.
agcrock2005
AG
Was on a work trip in Italy and spent a weekend in Sorrento at the Hilton. When I got to my room there was a bottle of Limoncelo in the room. Had never had it or heard of it but it was awesome.

That was a cool little town. There were orange and lemon trees everywhere. Oranges all over the streets from falling off the trees. I was so hungover one morning that I couldn't eat so I just picked an orange off a tree and slowly ate that while trying not to throw up. Fun times.
MikesFamousJava
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Last night I also started a Cognac and Orange combination. Should be interesting!

So basically, Grand Marnier?
Tumble Weed
MikesFamousJava said:

Tumble Weed said:

Last night I also started a Cognac and Orange combination. Should be interesting!

So basically, Grand Marnier?
Yes, and it was good. Still have half a bottle. Used Claude Chatelier XO Cognac.

The Limoncello that I made was better though. Let the last batch soak for 2 months. I have been giving it away to friends for Christmas.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am making some lemoncello gelato for our feast of seven fishes
Ag_07
AG
I'm gonna make some of this with my lemons I've got

Is this something you just drink straight or what?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Made my first batch over the last month and tried it last night. It was amazingly good, and I found this thread that was already here.

For those that caution about the pith, how much difference does that really make? I have to admit, I was a bit careless and lazy, and I used a potato peeler and just went with what I got. I mean, I was somewhat careful to not get a lot of pith and I think I did a decent job, but I made no effort to go back and clean any up.

My result was beautifully yellow, very lemony, and not bitter at all. Used Everclear and regular lemons.

When we finish this batch (and it won't take long), I'm really not that motivated to put a lot more effort in the next batch. Does it really make a lot of difference?

And yes, straight is a great way to drink it, into chilled glasses.
BlueMiles
AG
Hot day. Sounds good for a sip on the porch tonight.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I'm doing a second batch, used a micro zester, will see how it does.

For the heck of it, also got a bottle of tequila and it is currently being infused with lime and orange peel. We'll see how it turns out.
Tumble Weed
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Made my first batch over the last month and tried it last night. It was amazingly good, and I found this thread that was already here.

For those that caution about the pith, how much difference does that really make? I have to admit, I was a bit careless and lazy, and I used a potato peeler and just went with what I got. I mean, I was somewhat careful to not get a lot of pith and I think I did a decent job, but I made no effort to go back and clean any up.

My result was beautifully yellow, very lemony, and not bitter at all. Used Everclear and regular lemons.

When we finish this batch (and it won't take long), I'm really not that motivated to put a lot more effort in the next batch. Does it really make a lot of difference?

And yes, straight is a great way to drink it, into chilled glasses.
I use a potato peeler, but am super careful to avoid the pith. I go slow.

I ruined one batch with pith, and I wont do that again. I have used a microplaner on a batch, but it took forever. My wife is out of down, so I may sit down with a bag of lemons and do another batch. We are down to our last few oz.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.