Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Who likes/loves jack in the box tacos???

4,403 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SACR
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But doesn't live near a jack in the box? You're now in luck, burger Kings has the very same taco now. Tried one today and it's the same damn taco!! Better if ya ask me.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Are they 2 for a buck?
cypress-ag
AG
won't touch Jack in the Box ever again...worst case of food poisoning ever from JITB tacos back in November.
Belton Ag
AG
cypress-ag said:

won't touch Jack in the Box ever again...worst case of food poisoning ever from JITB tacos back in November.
That's just the tacos showing how much they love you.
752bro4
AG
aggiebq03+
Only proper way to get them is without lettuce.
And lots of JitB hot sauce.
DiskoTroop
On the other hand, I'll drop some hot knowledge on you for free...

Get thine self to Dairy Queen and try THEIR tacos... 3 for $3.69 I believe so they're not $1 each but they're infinitely better than BK, TB or JITB. Actual legitimate tacos that are good!
The Milkman
AG
I don't think anyone who wants JITB tacos are looking for an "actual taco" alternative
DiskoTroop
The Milkman said:

I don't think anyone who wants JITB tacos are looking for an "actual taco" alternative

That's absolutely true. But for those who went in search of actual tacos and needed up with JITB BS, that's a legit answer.
expresswrittenconsent
phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

That's absolutely true. But for those who went in search of actual tacos and needed up with JITB BS, that's a legit answer.

No, it's the opposite of "legit". If you are anywhere in the world that has a DQ, you are also within 1 mile of an actual place that has tacos. DQ is an ice cream shop where old men drink coffee.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I want actual tacos, Dairy Queen is not where I'm going.
RK
AG
If you're eating at DQ, you'd better be getting a Dude combo. Or steak finger basket if you're under 14.
HTownAg98
There might be better places, but that Tex-Mex joint won't be serving Blizzards either.

There's nothing wrong with DQ tacos. It's ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Nothing fancy and cheap.
DiskoTroop
HTownAg98 said:

There might be better places, but that Tex-Mex joint won't be serving Blizzards either.

There's nothing wrong with DQ tacos. It's ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Nothing fancy and cheap.

Well put and certainly my intent.
Slicer97
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Well put and certainly my intent.

But we're in Texas. No reason you can't hit a taqueria for the real thing and follow it with DQ for dessert.
Tanya 93
expresswrittenconsent said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

No, it's the opposite of "legit". If you are anywhere in the world that has a DQ, you are also within 1 mile of an actual place that has tacos. DQ is an ice cream shop where old men drink coffee.

Um.

No.

Not true. At least in CoMo.
Slicer97
AG
You ain't in Texas, so your opinion doesn't count. If you are in Texas, what he said is absolutely correct.
Tanya 93
Slicer97 said:

You ain't in Texas, so your opinion doesn't count. If you are in Texas, what he said is absolutely correct.

Then he needs to clarify.

DQ tacos work for stoned/drunk people when you live in a town with terrible Mexican food.

I get what you need to constantly prove, but it simply doesn't work on me.

Now go make some comments on chicken sandwiches or tacos!
expresswrittenconsent
Tanya 93 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

Um.

No.

How many times per month do you take the family to the 'CoMo' DQ for tex mex nite with crispy tacos and taco salads?

P.S. just because you haven't found the place within 1 mile of the 'CoMo' DQ that can make decent tacos doesnt mean there aren't some mexicans nearby making decent tacos.

At DQ, the blizzards are the bomb and the food is trash.
Tanya 93

Tanya 93 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

Um.

No.

How many times per month do you take the family to the 'CoMo' DQ for tex mex nite with crispy tacos and taco salads?

P.S. just because you haven't found the place within 1 mile of the 'CoMo' DQ that can make decent tacos doesnt mean there aren't some mexicans nearby making decent tacos.

Mexican food sucks in this town.

And no, there aren't good tacos within one mile of that DQ.

And I think it is the only one.
The Milkman
AG
Can someone fill me in on what CoMo is
cypress-ag
AG
752bro4 said:

It was the opposite end that was a spewin. My damn ribs hurt from dry heavin after trip 11 to the can in 60minutes.
HTownAg98
The Milkman said:

Can someone fill me in on what CoMo is

Columbia Missouri?
Bruce Almighty
AG
That's correct
Cassius
Gonna try both BK and DQ tacos per this thread.
FIDO*98*
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

Get thine self to Dairy Queen and try THEIR tacos... 3 for $3.69 I believe so they're not $1 each but they're infinitely better than BK, TB or JITB. Actual legitimate tacos that are good!

You don't get JITB tacos when you want legit tacos. You get JITB tacos when you're in the mood for JITB tacos. DQ is in no man's land. Their tacos aren't good enough to make me what them when I want a real taco and aren't unique enough to be a one-off like Jack. Plus their salsa flat out sucks. Hard pass
MichaelJ
AG

Tanya 93 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

Um.

No.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Their steak fingers are divine.
expresswrittenconsent
MichaelJ said:

Tanya 93 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

Um.

No.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

You must be a yankee transplant who has never had real chicken fried steak. Those things are seriously horrible and in no way resemble actual chicken fried steak.
MichaelJ
AG

MichaelJ said:

Tanya 93 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

The Milkman said:

Um.

No.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

You must be a yankee transplant who has never had real chicken fried steak. Those things are seriously horrible and in no way resemble actual chicken fried steak.

If I go to ANY fast food restaurant, I'm not expecting anything authentic.

Taco Bell is not the best most authentic Mexican food and McDonalds is not a good burger.

But hands down I'll take DQ Steak Fingers over a McDonalds burger all day every day and twice on Sundays
expresswrittenconsent
Yeah sorry, that's nasty. Virtually all of america would disagre with you based on sales of McD's burgers vs anything sold at DQ not made with ice cream.
Those fake fingers are seriously nasty.
jeffdjohnson
I don't understand how two Jack in the Box tacos only cost $1 for seemingly 2 decades. That is peak America.
95_Aggie
AG
Because dog food is cheap
DiskoTroop
FIDO*98* said:

phideaux_2003 said:

You don't get JITB tacos when you want legit tacos. You get JITB tacos when you're in the mood for JITB tacos. DQ is in no man's land. Their tacos aren't good enough to make me what them when I want a real taco and aren't unique enough to be a one-off like Jack. Plus their salsa flat out sucks. Hard pass

That's fine. More for me.
DiskoTroop
No seriously, the same way one might crave JITB tacos, one might crave DQ tacos. They're just not in the same category, exactly as DQ tacos aren't in the same catagory as decent tacos from a real Taqueria. The question was about cheap, quick, seemingly mass produced tacos. DQ is the better option there.

If you want to discuss real tacos, by all means, let's do so in another thread.
Slicer97
AG

Yeah sorry, that's nasty. Virtually all of america would disagre with you based on sales of McD's burgers vs anything sold at DQ not made with ice cream.
Those fake fingers are seriously nasty.

Have you looked around and seen the number of stupid people walking around in this country?

I'm not disagreeing with the point you're trying to make, but just because a lot of people like something doesn't necessarily make it superior. I mean, there's a lot of people that listen to Nickleback. There's a lot of people that vote democrat.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.