Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Missoula Montanna

1,826 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by (removed:10EA24-2)
CalAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for breweries or restaurants in Missoula Montana? I will there in a couple of weeks for a few days.

Thanks
FarmerJohn
AG
Big Sky brewery is there. I like their stuff, but have not visited the brewery. That's all I got.
87Flyfisher
AG
Lived in Missoula last year:

Tamarack is a great combination of beer and food. The chef and Brewmaster coordinate to match what is brewed with what is cooking. Fish & Chips and the French Dip are both the best I have had anywhere.

Big Sky is OK but the closest to mass produced beer, kind of like the Shiner of Montana.
Kettlehouse Brewery is the best overall in Missoula in my opinion, with Draught Works a close 2nd, Bayern makes great German style beers..

Philipsburg Brewing is really good too.. Otter Water and Haybag Hefe are great summer beers. You can find it in Missoula at most groceries or make a drive down to "P-Burg" funky old mining town with the brewery, some good restaurants, Sapphire mines and the biggest, best candy store you ever imagined. Be sure and drive up to Georgetown Lake if you go there.

This article is a good resource and review on breweries in "Zootown"
https://theatlasheart.com/missoula-breweries/

Top Hat is a bar/live music venue with really good food.

Be sure to check out the live music scene, Top Hat, Wilma Theatre and Kettelhouse Amphitheater have an amazing amount of talent https://logjampresents.com/events/

The National Bison Range is about an hour north of town, Beautiful scenery and a chance to see every animal you would see in Yellowstone without a traffic jam, or maybe anyone else in sight.
(removed:10EA24-2)
Steel Toe Distillery right outside Missoula
( Bonner/ Potomac , Montana )
My cousin works at Commanders Palace now but before that, she lived up in Bonner and worked with this fella.

It's the real deal. He's as close to a real Bootlegger Character as you will ever see-none of those fake looking setups that you see on TV. I brought back a ton of Whiskey, gin and Settlers Tea. It's Incredible. He also has a Huckleberry Vodka. He has a mouth on him but it adds to his charm. Great fella
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.