Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Porch Rocker

2,466 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ww
JR_83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anybody been able to find 6-packs of these in Texas this year? I was up in Maine a couple of weeks ago, and they had both. Wish I'd taken a suitcase up there just to bring more back .

I'll hang up and listen..
JR_83
<bump>

CalAG
AG
Haven't seen any around here. But beer is the reason I bring an extra suitcase when I go up there.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Cherry Wheat is widely available here in Missouri, so I'm surprised you can't find it in Texas. Check Sams or Costco. At the very least, maybe you can find them in a sampler pack.
JR_83
Good grief, just saw a six pack of Porch Rocker at a Walmart here in Baton Rouge....arghhhh
Jefe07
AG
Those are curious choices of beer to want after visiting up there. Of all the amazing beer to be had in New England.
AggieBarstool
Don't know about the Porch Rocker, but Cherry Wheat tastes like cough syrup. Have you tried looking for THAT in the store?
fido00
AG
I'm headed to Connecticut in a couple weeks any beers I should have on the radar?
Jefe07
AG
Heady topper is an IPA by alchemist brewing out of Vermont. Considered one of the best IPAs you'll find.

Hill farmstead brewing, also in Vermont is rated as the best brewery in the world. So anything you'll find of theirs is likely to be good.

Trillium out of Boston is excellent.

If you're an IPA person, you'll be able to find actual good examples of NE IPAs, unlike most everything you get packaged down here. A problem with distributing them is that they're very expensive and not often packaged. So getting on draft up there will probably be better.
fido00
AG
Thanks for the info I will keep an eye out for those labels
JR_83
Whoop! Found both Cherry Wheat and Porch Rocker at the Total Wine in Selma.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Ive seen Cherry Wheat at two different Walmarts
(removed:10EA24-2)
I'll go with Porch Rocker every time.
TX AG 88
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Don't know about the Porch Rocker, but Cherry Wheat tastes like cough syrup. Have you tried looking for THAT in the store?

Not sure why someone expressing a desire/appreciation for something on TexAgs inevitably results in someone (apparently) cooler than the OP coming along and crapping on his/her preference. It's even worse for alcoholic drinks (beer and whisky in particular) than it is for bands or songs.
ww
AG
Porch Rocker was on the shelf of my neighborhood (Keller area) Kroger this weekend. I like it, but probably because it is harder to find. Last time I had it, I was underwhelmed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.